Chapter Thirty-One, Eye of the Demon

Tord's Perspective

After being informed about Thomas's imprisonment in the jail due to him going down there unsupervised, I was not happy. I specifically told the man that he needed to go to Gygjar or come to me, and yet he tries to go for his buddies. He's a man who will never be satisfied with anything less than what he wants, as far as I believe. He's never happy with himself, and he almost never smiles. He doesn't smile to me at least. It doesn't matter much at the moment, so I turned my attention to the latest battle plans and strategies that my generals were planning. We had a secure online video call for many minutes, maybe hours, going over the plans of attack and other business. It was quite dull to most people, but I found it exhilarating to plan out the defeat of my enemies. To see them bleed out on the battlefield and scream for another chance to take me down. It made me feel a sick pleasure in my mind, one that made me grin constantly and thirst for bloodshed.

After my very productive meeting, I went through the supplies and stocks lists to check if my generals and their underlings were doing their jobs properly. If not, they would be executed of course. But little Thomas need not know of such things, or Edd or Matt. I prefer them to think of me as only my human side, but I really feel nothing like a human most of the times. I feel like a god, but I do act the part convincingly when I need their sympathies. I should check on the poor fools soon, tonight I think would be best. I arranged a break for that time on my schedule and continued my busy day normally, giving orders and checking on my fellow genius scientists. They always came up with something new to impress me, or needed me to assist in a chemical compound that they couldn't quite get right.

As my day came to a close, I was brought my food by Paul and Patryk. Patryk seemed upset still by my disciplinary actions against him, but stayed silent and ate with me in my office. I do have a sweet spot for the old man, so seeing him unhappy made me sympathetic. "Patryk." I said to get his attention. He looked up from his soup and stared at me with depressing glazed over eyes. I set down my fork and reached over, gently rubbing his cheek. "Dear father, I do love you so much. Please accept my deepest apologies." I requested and smiled at the sight of him leaning into my touch. "It's okay Tord.. I know it's very hard for you to control your anger. I love you too." He told me and held my hand. His forgiveness made me feel happy, something that was very hard for me to feel in my tense and focused state.

It reminded me of how much more human I felt as a kid, believing that I was normal and just had a mental issue that made me behave so strangely. That was before my demonic genetics set in as a teenager. My heart ached seeing my father in front of me with this sad expression. He made me feel happy, but he was hiding his own hurt. I wish that I had a way to keep this feeling long enough to care. It was whisked away easily by thoughts of world domination and manslaughter. I pulled my hand away from the loyal soldier and continued eating silently, staring at my plate. Emotions were such a distraction, making me sympathetic towards other creatures. Sometimes I believed that those feelings were real, that I was really just a human. Sometimes I even wished to explore my emotions more, lay in my father's loving arms and feel the joy that humans feel every day.

Instead I pushed away that distracting train of thought and continued on my plans. My arm needs to be redesigned, I've put it off for far too long. The whole thing has become inefficient, breaking down randomly or not syncing to the nerves in my shoulder. That is what I should do tonight, not fake my emotions with my three little toys. "Hey Tord?" Paul said and I turned my attention to him. "Yes sir?" I responded respectfully and took another sip of my tomato soup. "Patryk and I have been talking about you, and we were wondering if you'd like to spend more time with us? You seem so happy to see us, and we'd also love to be with you more often." He asked and held Pat's hand. Ah, papa had been too shy to ask me himself.