Chapter Twenty-Two, Rescue Mission

Tom's Perspective

I waited for Tord to come and punish me for accepting Peter's help, but he never came. I waited for hours, getting an increasing need to use the restroom. At least in my old cell the guards let me out to use the facilities, is anyone even here to let me out now? It was almost dark out when I finally got any indication of other life. Edd had sneaked out and was attempting to pick the lock on my cell. "Edd! How did you get out?" i asked with a sense of gratitude. Edd was out. "I just used a hairpin that Matt had lost in his hair." Edd said with a triumphant grin. Clever, and very unexpected. "Don't worry Tom, I'll get you out." He assured me and continued picking at the lock with the small pin. I carefully got up and walked close to the bars, eager for him to let me out.

"If I'm honest, I really have to piss-." I admitted to the brunette as he opened the cell door. "Well the soldiers took me to a bathroom a few hours ago, so I can show you were it is." He told me and smiled. "Well let's go- I'm about to piss myself-." I said and Edd nodded, walking through the halls at a brisk pace. I followed in a similar fashion, looking around cautiously as I speed-walked. I felt dizzy and a bit lightheaded, but I chose to ignore it. We halted at the cell Matt and Edd had been in, where Matt was not present at. "... Where is Matt?" I asked Edd who seemed a bit worried. "I don't know." He told me truthfully and kept walking. I hesitantly followed, soon at a small bathroom. Edd waited out front for me as I did my business, which was rather easy seeming as I only had boxers on. Again.

Once I cleaned myself up and came out, Edd examined me more than his original sweep over. "Did Tord give you those lashings?" He asked and ran his warm hand down my swollen slashes. I simply nodded, trying not to think about the suffering I had endured. Edd turned to me and hugged me, not caring about our dire situation. I hugged him in return and took a deep breath. Tord is so evil, he should be murdered. "Come on, let's find Matt." Edd said before letting go of me. I shivered at the loss of warmth, following Edd through the eerily silent halls. In the distance far off I could hear some sort of crowd, talking and laughing. I decided it was best to check it out, but to be careful. "Edd, you stay here. I'm going to find out what the commotion is about." I told him and Edd reluctantly nodded, staying back for me.

I walked towards the noise and stuck to the wall, trying to stay unseen by whatever crowd this was. I approached the cluster of people and stayed a distance away, seeing what the noise was about almost immediately. Peter was being raped, and soldiers were cheering it on and laughing. This is truly sickening. I thought about if I should change into my monster form, but my decision was interrupted by every soldier falling silent. I looked to what could possibly hush such a rough crowd, spotting Tord aggressively parting the crowd. "What is going on here?" He growled and approached Peter, who was shaking and backed away fearfully. Tord reached down to the heavily traumatized man, slowly picking him up. Peter whimpered and clung to Tord, hiding his face in the Norski's shoulder.

Tord scornfully looked at the crowd, making them all visibly nervous. "You should be ashamed. And you, Charlie. You're being locked away." He told the rapist who had pulled his pants up. Every guilty soldier stayed quiet as Tord carried the victim away, and then they escorted Charlie to a cell with not much resistance. I silently followed Tord, stealing Charlie's uniform jacket which had been left on the floor. I dressed myself with it and continued to follow the two, watching Peter get more comfortable in Tord's protective grip. He didn't seem to notice me following, burying his freckled face in Tord's tense neck. I followed Red Leader all the way to the medical facility, where I decided that it would be best not to go in. There's too many staff in there.

I realized that I was quite lost, not paying attention to my surroundings at all before this. Well shit. "Tom-." I heard a familiar voice whisper. I looked over to the person, seeing Edd hiding behind the corner of the hall I had come from. I walked over to see that Edd had also acquired a stylish blue uniform jacket. "Come on- no more tomfoolery- and pun intended-." He said and grabbed me by the arm, guiding me through the halls as we searched for Matt. It seemed not many guards were wandering the halls, because it's lunch time for them. However, one particular topic that one of the passerby was talking about caught my full attention. "Put that stupid ginger in Rose's office, he'll know what to do. Rose can totally manipulate that twat." One of the higher up soldiers told the newbie, who immediately raced off. There's my key to finding Matt.

Without a word to Edd, I aggressively dragged him along for the ride as I followed the young soldier. He looked like a teen, maybe sixteen or seventeen. He was lively and unbroken by the world, but still serious and following orders. Once we got a good distance away from the fast paced boy, I explained the situation to Edd. "He mentioned bringing Matt to a "Rose"'s office." I informed him and caught up with the young male. Once we arrived at our destination by tailing, we stayed a safe length away as he stopped at a secluded private room. He knocked multiple times before opening the door, walking in. Once he was fairly deep in the room, I peered in and saw that Matt was fixing his hair while looking into a hand-held mirror.

The young soldier sat down next to Matt on the bed, smiling nicely. "Do you need anything else sir? I can get you whatever you'd like." The nice raven haired male offered, though Matt didn't even look at him. "I'm okay for now. Do you think I look handsome?" Matt asked ever so self-centeredly. The anonymous soldier laughed a bit and examined Matt's features. "Yeah, I think you are." He said, causing Matt to grin ecstatically. "Thank you!" He said excitedly. I internally gagged at the amount of childish joy emanating from the room, feeling Edd peer over my shoulder curiously. This would be a long rescue mission if they kept talking forever.