No Matter Where You Turn, the Past Will Always Be Behind You

Not very good but what can ya do
———
"You can't just run from your problems Cleo!" Joe called, his hands cupping his elbows to conserve what little warmth he possessed.

Why had Cleo chosen the dead of night to throw a fit?

"It's cold out here! Come on! You'll freeze, come back home and we can talk this out." He stumbled over his own feet, head swiveling like his neck was broken, and he had lost control of movement.

A branched fluttered in the distance, and a skeletons bones creaked. It was only then did Joe realize he hadn't brought his sword. Shit!

More skeleton bones behind him, more noises more this more that, until eventually something happened.

An arrow whizzed right past his face, sticking snugly in the trunk of a tree behind him. Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh-

"You shouldn't have chased me, Joe, it's not safe for humans out here." Cleo. Her voice was close, but the skeleton seemed closer.

Another arrow, this one caught his shirt and swiped his side, leaving a thin line of pain behind. "I'm not going to leave, but- I don't- have my sword- so I'd appreciate if you.. came out so we coul- ah!"

Another arrow fired, and this time Joe dove to the side to avoid the blow. It landed him behind tree, which he didn't dare move from. He had only gotten a glimpse of the skeleton but it looked big and mean and scary- and he wasn't in the mood to die.

"I'll kill the skele, but you have to leave me alone. It's not safe to be with me tonight." Cleo's voice echoed from the treetops, Joe didn't dare cast his glance towards it. "I thought I had put that behind me but.. it.. happened again."

An arrow thwacked into the trunk of Joe's tree. "Cleo, we've gone over this.."

Two more arrows fired before Cleo found her words, "I'll kill the skeleton, and find you in the morning, then we can talk, okay?"

Another arrow.

"Fine.. but don't think you're going to run away from me this time!"
———

Idk what this is either
-yours, AAAAAAAA