Hermit challenges

oooooh boy this ones going to be dark :(

Tw for dark themes, mental health (depression, anxiety), suicide, and graphic descriptions.

Ive also sort of edited how the
challenges work, but the premise is the same.

Just a warning: this is not indicative of anyone's personality, it's just interpreted to fit the story! I mean no disrespect.
———

"Oh come on Gri! Just do it!" Mumbo said, "It's just for fun!"

"You said that the last time, and that time I died!" He spoke, trying to defend himself. In the end, he knew it was for naught. He would fold to the peer pressure.

"Yeah, but you respawn." Iskall chimed in. "It will be funny!"

Grian looked to Scar with pleading eyes, hoping his friend would get him out of his situation.

"C'mon, Gri! Just do it!" Mumbo cheered, Iskall said something to the same effect.

Scar shrugged, remembering all the stolen doors and pulled pranks. "Just do it."

"I- fine." Grian murmured, "tomorrow then?" He spoke, sounding a bit dismayed.

"Noon, see you there!" Mumbo smiled, before flying off. Iskall and scar followed suit.

Grian sat there for a second, his friends really did hate him.
———

He flew off to his hobbit hole, spending the rest of the day tending to farms and thinking about his shortcomings.

That night he went to sleep,
feeling a bit empty.
———

"I really don't want to.." Grian murmured as he looked down.

He hated spiders, and now his supposed friends were going to force him into a pit of ones. Shirtless no less.

"Please don't make me.." he looked up at Mumbo with pleading eyes, trying hopelessly to get out of this dare.

The last time he took a dare was a few days ago, his friends made him hang over a pit lava in the nether on a vine.

The vine snapped, and he fell into the pit of lava. He didn't loose any of his stuff, as he had put it in a chest earlier, but when he returned to get it, none of his friends were there. They hadn't bothered to stick around.

It hurt.

Now, he was shirtless, about to jump into a pit of spiders, and absolutely terrified. When he looked to his friends for reassurance, all he got were a few excited smiles and thumbs up.

"Ok.. do I at least get a wooden sword?" He asked desperately.

"No, you agreed to the challenge. Nothing in your inventory except for some food." Iskall chimed in, excitedly.

"Ok.. so go in, break the spawner, get out." He mumbled to himself, sucking in his breath.

He leapt into the pit, somersaulting when he hit the ground. He sprung up and made a beeline for the spawner, despite the spiders rushing towards him.