There can only be one

Mumbo grunted.

He was so used to his automated farms, he couldn't remember the last time he had to chop down a tree with an axe.

As he swung his stone axe, he strained himself as the stone tore into the jungle log. He would have loved to get some iron or even diamonds by now, but shelter took priority.

"You know, you could help!" He hollered back at Grian, who was sitting on a makeshift swing, kicking his legs back and forth.

Grian whined like a child, and to be fair he sort of acted like one. "But that sounds like effort," he let himself slowly fall backwards on the swing, hooking his legs around it before he could fall. "Plus, I did help!" He said, upside-down, looking at Mumbo. "I built this swing!"

Mumbo rolled his eyes, "yeah using my wood!"

"Yeah but I tied the vines to the slabs," he said, lifting himself up so he was standing on top of the swing.

"Yeah, well I supplied the most important part!" Mumbo retaliated, swinging again with his axe. The tree was close to falling over.

Grian build up his momentum, swinging forward. "No you didn't! You can't swing on a slab of wood, but you can on a vine!" He said, before leaping off the swing.

He flew threw the air, landing on the tree Mumbo was cutting down.

He pressed his weight into the tree and did a backflip, landing in a tangle of vines behind him.

The tree fell with his weight, as Mumbo had been chopping it down.

Little squares off wood littered the floor, in squares.

Mumbo glared at Grian, hanging upside-down in a group of vines, smiling cheekily.

"It wasn't me, it was the man in the chicken costume." He said, emphasizing every word in a sort of obnoxious way.

"Ha. Ha," Mumbo said as he collected all of the wood. He dropped it in a chest and set to chopping down a smaller tree.

"This is boring, I'm going mining. I'll be back with diamonds." He said, before falling out of the vines, very clumsily I May add.

"Cya!" He said, before wandering off, pickaxe in hand.

"Unbelievable.." Mumbo murmured under his breath, continuing to hack at the tree.

———

Mumbo sat inside his hobbit hole, it had been a long day of chopping trees down, and now he was going to spend even longer sorting through his items. He was exhausted, and by the end of the day he was collapsed on his bed, armor lazily plopped down around the floor of his hobbit hole.

He snored, unaware of the intruder lurking in the shadows. A man in a strange mask walked about, opening chests and messing up Mumbos storage system.

A small, sort of mischievous giggle escape the masked mans lips, as he opened Mumbos valuables chest. He didn't touch any diamonds, instead taking some redstone.

The figure took about a stack and walked outside.

Mumbo would wake up to a surprise tomorrow.
———

Mumbo walked out of his house, ready to start his day. Absolutely nothing, nothing could ruin his attitud-

What?

In redstone, on the jungle floor a few simple words were written.

"There can only be one"

He looked at the redstone on the ground, crouching down with a small frown on his face.

"Jesus Christ, Grian."

———

Yeah it's kinda short but I like it :)

Anyway let me know what you think.. and yeah!

This is the first chapter and I don't really have any ideas, requests are welcome!

Love y'all-

Cya <3

-The Author