Scared

Inspired by my sister freaking out over flies

It's a bit angsty with a bit of nightmare stuff.

Tw for mention of blood/gore, anxiety, and just that sort of thing.
———

Grian was trying to do the dishes. He really was. But there were just so! many! bugs!

He let out a squeak as a stink bug appeared on the counter. He nearly dropped the plate he was loading into the dishwasher.

He set it down gently before running into his roommates room.

"Mumbo- theres anothe-" he said in a slightly sheepish voice.

"Oh for goodness sake," Mumbo said, face shrinking into his hands.

"It's just a bug," he said, laughing out of frustration. "You know what- just go ask Iskall, ok?"

"Oh, ok," Grian said, realizing that Mumbo was frustrated and pestering him might not have been the best idea.

He walked into Iskall's room, knocking on the open door to signify his presence.

"Hey Iskall," He said quietly, as to not disturb him.

Iskall was editing a video, headphones over his ears, looking frustrated.

"I swear to god if this is about a bug I'll-" he started, before realizing he shouldn't take his frustration out on his friend. "Sorry, I just can't do anything right now, ask Mumbo."

"I asked him and he said to ask you!" Grian said, a bit annoyed.

"It's just a bug what are you so afraid of!" Iskall said, sounding angrier than he may have intended.

"I-" He said, shocked. "I'll go." He said sadly, closing the door on his way out

He then cautiously walked into the kitchen to keep doing the dishes.

Mercifully, the bug was gone, and he was able to do the dishes without further issue.
———

That night Grian let his duvet fall over his shoulders, it's weight comforting- like a hug he desperately needed.

He tossed and turned, his nightmare consuming him.

He was on the ground, everything around was black. Dark. Empty.

The ground was covered in a thin layer of liquid, it covered his arms, hands, legs, everything.

It was red.

Dark red.

Blood.

Covered in blood.

Covered in who's blood?

His chest burned.

His own.

He was bleeding.

Where were his friends?