Bloodbending

Tw: gore, graphic description, Death.

I read a fic on ao3 with this kinda writing style (though executed wayyy better lmao), and i decided to try it out!

nHo/false fic. False/doc centric. No shipping tho.

Avatar the last airbender au.

In this au: false is a waterbender/bloodbender. Basically, she can manipulate water and blood. She can do some freaky shit. Water includes ice btw.

Doc is a non-bender, but a watertribesmen.

Beef is a nonbender, but comes from the earth kingdom.

Bdubs is a metalbender and an earth bender, which is exactly what it sounds like lol. Hes from the earth kingdom. Same with etho.

Uh yeah i guess thats all? You don't have to watch the show to understand this but id recommend it nonetheless- it truly is amazing.
———

Blood is a lot darker when there's more of it.

She knew it was wrong, but the first time False killed someone, that was the only thing she could think about.

Sure, she'd had the odd scrape on the knee, a cut on the forearm, but now there was so much of it.

A man laid in a pool of it, breath driven from his lungs by a spike of ice, impaling him like a kebab.

God, that was a sadistic thought.

While the sight of it was unnerving enough, what really got False's heart pounding was how alive the man still looked. Sure, he was lying in a pool of blood, but his eyes..

They were open, and still.. alive.

Corpses weren't all that different from people.

There was no difference in life and death from the vessels that held them, fleshy bags of meat that sometimes.. decide to.. shut down.

The sight before her was morbid, but False's eyes couldn't pry away, baby blue orbs enchanted by the display of blood before her.

"Fal.. False..?"

Glass crashed to the floor, dropped from small, unsteady hands, jaw pried open at the sight before him.

N-No- wa- wait-

The blonde pivoted, feet turning to face the sight behind her.

It was an accident! I didn't mean to! He attacked me first! I'm sorry! Wait! Please don't go! Don't leave me! I'm scared! Help! Xisuma!

You promised! You promised you'd-

I don't want to be alone again.

When Doc found her, she was alone.

Her frame was small, decrepit, barely alive, curled up on the floor next to a rotting corpse.