The Jury (2)

Tw: again, light sexual content, but it's just kissing. Some manipulation shit too.

This one is 2,400 words, and a bit messy, I'll admit :/

Let's just jump into it!
(How was my Phillip DeFranco impression?)
---
"You're telling me that Etho couldn't tell what Scar was thinking?" Xisuma studied Etho, watching the masked man shrink into Beef's side.

"That's what he said."

"So Scar was lying?"

While Xisuma's conclusion wasn't unreasonable, Etho shook his head violently, tugging at Beef's collar.

The older hermit took the hint, leaning down to lend his ear to Etho.

A few seconds of whispering passed, before Beef spoke up.

"Etho says that.. it's not necessarily bad. He might not have been lying, his face was just blank. Though, considering the circumstances it seems unlikely." Beef spoke in proxy of Etho, and while to most it might have been annoying, Beef didn't mind it.

"It takes a lot of skill to hide from Etho- if it wasn't purposeful it was magic or something. I've been trying to do it for years!" Beef tried to add a bit of humor to the conversation, but the joke fell flat, only adding to the tension.

Xisuma thought about it for a painful few seconds, brows creased as he kneaded the sides of his forehead.

"Have you been able to read him in the past?"

Etho made a 50/50 motion, going to whisper into Beef's ear again.

"Etho says he could before season 5, then, he'd always lie when he talked to people, but he only became completely unreadable after the election." Beef hummed slightly as he gently patted Etho's head, rustling the cosplayers silver hair.

He smiled as Etho leaned into the touch.

"Hm.. well, thank for for informing me. I'm sure you'd like to go about your day.. so.."

Xisuma waved as Beef and a Etho wandered off, and as he fell asleep that night, he had a lot to think about.
---

Etho wasn't the only one who had questions about Scar.

Cleo, who was a skeptic to begin with, found herself knocking on Xisuma's door the morning after Joe's demotion, a frown across her dead lips.

"Cleo? What's up." Xisuma leaned on his door frame as he spoke, having opened the door in haste.

He was surprised to see the queen of heads herself at his doorstep, though maybe there was just some armor stand glitch that needed fixing.

"Uhh- well, it's.. it's about Joe. I don't think he stole the diamonds."

Oh, it was about that, then.

Xisuma let out a melodramatic sigh, watching as Cleo flinched at the motion.

"I know you don't, Cleo, but the fact of the matter is-"