Drunk and in love

This is a medieval AU and I'm kind of basing it off fire emblem three houses.

Basically: there's a kingdom, an alliance and an empire. They all have their own internal issues. There's also a church that's corrupt and shady as hell.
———

Zloy wiped some sweat off his brow as he hit the sword one final time.

He removed his googles and lifted up the sword, smiling at his client.

"I added the extra sharpness and mending as requested, so if I were to.."

Zloy swung the sword and hit it against his anvil. A bit of it chipped off, as expected.

The blacksmith then reached onto a shelf and grabbed a bottle. The bottle looked weird and glimmered slightly in the light. It looked like an oil spill.

He popped the cork out of the bottle, and poured the contents onto the sword. Little yellowish green orbs spilled out and bound themselves to the sword, repairing the crack.

"If you ever need experience, any cleric worth your coin will have bottles o' enchanting. Or you could just kill some monsters. I dunno." Zloy shrugged as he passed the sword off to his client.

"Thanks a million!" Pixl responded, tossing Zloy a bag of coins as payment.

"Any time," Zloy winked, scooping a few coins from the bag and then tossing it back to Pixl.

"You know, your skills are always welcome in the kingdom." Pixl said, casually trying to recruit Zloy.

"Pix, no." Zloy said, starting to clean up shop. It was getting late.

"Oh come on, it's not like you've got much going for you here." Pix said, stroking the mane of his horse.

"Stability, I have stability," Zloy deadpanned.

"The kingdom may not be the most stable place of all time but-"

"I also have all of the traffic that passes over the river, freedom of citizenry under the church.. shall I go on?" Zloy listed all of the reasons he had to stay where he was.

"You don't have me," Pix supplied, smiling cheekily.

"Not a huge loss anyway," Zloy said, cursing as a set of books fell off a shelf.

"You wound me," Pix said, clutching his heart playfully.

"There's a healer down the street, good day!" Zloy joked, ushering Pix off the platform that made up his shop. "But seriously I'm closing up."

"Fine! Fine!" Pix said, stepping off and preparing to mount his horse. "If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me." He said, giving a small wink as he hoisted himself onto his horse.

Pix gave a two fingered salute as he kicked the side of his horse, riding off with a devilish smirk.

Zloy sighed, his cheeks burning with a blush and heartstrings pulled.

That wink weakened his knees, that smirk melted his heart. He was in love.

Hopelessly in love.