Mind And Mater (1)

>The Hermit League
>information (classified, level one clearance)
The Hermit League was formed to appease the Earthborns, (Humans born on the planet earth). They set up a front as a crime fighting organization of supernatural individuals. Their true purpose is to **** ****** ** *** ***** by any means necessary.
---

"No! For the last fucking time! No!"

Each of the words felt like a slap to the face. It stung especially, since Joe usually never swore.

"Please-" Cleo chimed in, her words felt desperate, and they struck a bit of a nerve in Joe's heart. But his resolve was sound.

"Cleo, you are one of the best friends a person could ask for. Please understand why I can't do this." He wouldn't budge.

"But Joe!" This time it was Mumbo, "please we can't do this witho-"

"No! You know what happened with- god bless him- Biffa! I have my own kids and wife to worry about!"

"Biffa's death hurt all of us." Xisuma said, a lump in his throat at the name, "but you won't even be on the field! You'll be completely sa-"

"Bull! We all know what happens if you guys fail!" Joe sounded outraged at the prospect of joining them.

"We all have to do this together," TFC, who was largely quiet at meetings, spoke soundly and slowly. "What happened to Biffa was a tragedy, which is why we must all band together to prevent it from happening again. I've seen a lot of tragedy in my day, it's never easy to get over. But we all made it a little easier for each other. Together, we can overcome everything thrown at us. Without you, we risk loosing everything. Everyone." His words of wisdom touched Joe, but he wasn't budging.

"TFC, Xisuma, Mumbo, all of you. You have to understand. You guys are like- no, you guys are family to me. I love all of you, but I also have another family. Ones without superpowers, that I have to keep safe. I'm sorry." He said firmly, "but I have to decline. Call me one more time and I'll report you."

He hung up the phone, much to the exasperation of the people on the other end.

Cleo and False punched a wall. Xisuma went to the bathroom, took off his helmet, and took a second to contemplate everything. Keralis, Bdubs, Beef, Etho, and Doc were all murmuring amongst themselves with varying degrees of anger and sadness. False, Stress, Iskall, Mumbo, and Grian shared the same worried looks- with Grian looking about ready to have a breakdown. Cub and Scar sat in a corner, talking amongst themselves. Zedaph, Impulse, and Tango kept looking at each other sullenly, and xB, hypno, Ren, Jevin, and TFC all sat around a table, looking at their hands.

What the fuck would they do from here?

---
Power list:

BDoubleO & Keralis: both of their powers are closely linked, and neither can function at full capacity without the other. Bdubs has weak telepathy, and keralis Telekinesis. Together, they become supercharged, but have to keep physical contact.

Cubfan135 & GoodTimesWithScar: both possess Vex magic, which neither have mastered, and neither know the full scope of.

Docm77: Half robot half zombie, practically invincible but slightly insane. Intelligent but sadistic, needs to monitored while on the field.

Ethoslab & Stressmonster101: Ice powers. Think Elsa. Together, they're practically unstoppable (unless you have a flamethrower).

Falsesymmetry: increased agility, speed, and strength. A good fighter but hindered on unstable terrain. Is annoyed when anything seems out of place, which makes her detective skills pretty on point.

Grian: guardian angel. Can fly, summon weapons, and manipulate light. Wouldn't hurt a fly, unless provoked.

Hypno: can turn people into mindless drones for ~1 hr, takes a lot out of him. With Keralis and Bdubs, he can make intelligent drones. Cub, Scar, Cleo, and Beef have all been conducting joint experiments with Hypno, and while there have been no breakthroughs yet results seem promisingly close.

Zedaph, Impulse & Tango: can merge to form a demon. On their own: Zedaph is exceptionally strong, Impulse can control fire, and Tango can crudely manipulate iron and steel. Their demon form is strong, but too long together and they'll be out cold.

Iskall85: never misses a shot. Also well versed in weapons and strategy. Similarly to False, he is hindered by terrain.

IJevin: is able to turn into a slime-like substance, which is almost impossible to kill. If he is separated it will be like blood loss. Keep him in half while he's in a slime state, and he has to stay like that until merged or risk death.

Joehills: Omnipresence. Can see a Birdseye view of everything, and also has slight foresight. Is weak on the field, but an invaluable strategist.

MumboJumbo: technopathy. Can use a gun but is weak on the field.

Rendog: is part wearwolf. Can become a 10ft tall wolf, but only for ~5 minutes. Can freely shift between human, and normal wolf.

TinFoilChef: can absorb materials around him and gain a solid shield of that substance around him. He's the tank. However, his age is starting to catch up to him, and he's easily worn out.

Vintage Beef: can control animals. Weak if not around animals, and is pretty terrible with normal combat.

xBCrafted: the healer of the bunch. Very little offense. Has trouble hurting people.

XisumaVoid: can create portals. (Think the portal gun from portal). Good fighter with his powers, bad in normal combat.

ZombieCleo: can raise dead spirits as animations/ zombies. Good as a fighter as well, but takes a bit of sadistic pleasure in seeing her animations tear people apart. Similarly to doc, she has to be closely watched while on the field.

---

Hi, how's your quarantine been? Mines but a lot of listing to everyone around me argue.

-yours, get me out of this fucking cramped apartment jesus fuck