Hi, glad to see you're still here.

So uh, it's been a while.

And for good reason. I've been busy with life, and that made me realize I don't really have time for.. this. I will still write, and I will certainly check up on this, but it will be far, far less often than usual.

So with that, I leave with a small story to kick off the new year.
———

It was cold. Bitterly so. The wind snapped harsher than elastic, cutting across Xisuma's skin- he really underestimated how weatherproof his suit was. Whatever, he was almost there, just had to cross one more mound of snow.

Ah, there it was. A tree. Made of glass, crystal, and ice. A beautiful tree. Pure, elegant, it's willowy branches still, even in the harsh wind. He crossed the few meters distance to the tree, and examined each of the beautiful crystals of light dripping off the leaves. Each glowed beautifully, a good sign for the new year.

And so Xisuma allowed himself a moment of reprieve. A second to breathe. He slipped off his helmet and looked up, up at the night sky.

And he sighed, gazing up at the bright green northern lights, the luminescent white stars, and the darkness in between, and he realized: they were nothing without each other.