Who would do such a thing?

A bit of gtws angst because yeah. I feel like it.

Mention of illness and stuff so be ware
———

Scars lips folded into a gentle frown, where in the world had his cat gone?

"Jellie!" He called out, hands around his mouth in an attempt to yell louder.

He peeked through folds of jungle leaves and bamboo, not seeing anything but endless sea of green.

Scar let out a sigh and pushed through a patch of melons, getting a sudden feeling of fatigue.

He rummaged through his pockets and pulled out a large glass bottle filled with a sliver of dark red liquid.

He uncapped it and took a sip, downing the remaining contents of the bottle. He would have to stop looking soon, he didn't expect to be out so long and didn't bring enough medicine.

Scar gave up searching and flew of, a knot of dread growing in his stomach. Jellie was a strong cat. She had survived a lot.

But what if she couldn't survive this?
———

Scar touched down in front of Larry the snail, almost surprised to see the door was still there.

He climbed up the stairs shakily, needing to get more medicine- and fast.

He shoved open the door, reaching out for the table to-

Oh no.

Oh no no no.

Tears pooled in the corners of his eyes, and he fell onto his back.

He turned himself over and tried to stand to his feet, tears slipping down his cheeks.

He stumbled down his front steps, activating his elytra and flying over to Grians mansion.

Scar found Grian on his staircase, and the crying man tried to land gracefully.

However his meds had worn off, so his legs crumpled and he struggled against the handrail, trying not to fall to the floor.

Grain was quite justifiably worried, and grabbed on to his crying friend, lowering him gently onto a stair. He wasn't big enough to carry Scar, so he'd have to get someone else.

Scar had tears pouring down his cheeks, and he was shaking like crazy. Grian gently wrapped his arms around the other, seeing how obviously upset he was.

After a few minutes Scar managed to calm down, and Grian asked what had happened.

Scar breathed in deeply a few times, without his medication normal breaths tended to be shallower.

"It's.. Jellie.. she.." Scar breathed deeply one more time. "Can you carry me back to Larry the snail?"

"Mm, no, but I could call Iskall..?" Grian said gently, rubbing Scars back.

Scar nodded, biting his lip softly.

Grian flew off and returned with Iskall, who promptly scooped Scar up and flew over to Larry the snail.