Oh, love! We love it!

Woo two chapters in one day Shh I got inspiration and this one was just so c u t e I had to write it <33333

Ugh, Joe x Cleo x Stress was not something I knew I needed, but now that it exists I will not be able to live without it.

Warning for panic attacks I guess? But all in all super fluffy.
———

Joe cupped his elbows, starring at the mirror with a slight look of worry. It was date night, for him at least, and well.. he couldn't decide what to wear.

"Joe, I'm sure they'll love it," Cub, who had been called in to help ease Joe's nerves, chimed in.

"You think?"

You see, Joe didn't care about his appearance- no, he looked drop dead gorgeous in everything- but, what he did care about was social norms.

And a guy in a dress? Yeah, he wasn't so sure about this date any more.

Currently, he was dressed in a fern green dress, the fabric only attracted to his skin by the straps over his shoulders and line that tightened just under his pecs, flowing out into a skirt that landed above his knee.

It was truly gorgeous, but Joe still felt conscious.

"I know they will, Joe," Cub smiled, jumping off of Joe's bed to stand behind the younger hermit.

"Mm.. do you think it's.. too much? Maybe I should just put on som-" Joe's anxieties continued to spout, fingers gripping the hem of his dress.

"Joe." Cub let out a sigh, hands going to rest on Joe's shoulders, giving a small sort of back massage.

"I'm sure they will love it. Though, if I were to give a suggestion.."

Cub leaned forwards, beard hairs tickling the back of Joe's mouth as he whispered into the younger' ear.
———

Cleo: we still on for tonight?
Stress: hell yeah!
Joe: Yep!
Sent ten minutes ago.

Joe held his breath as he stared down at his communicator, heart slamming against his chest at breakneck pace, so fast, in fact, Joe could have sworn his ribs were broken. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

He sat on the town hall roof, palms clammy as he tried to calm himself down. He was only a few dozen blocks away from Cleo and Stress, who were standing on the path leading away from the shopping district portal.

He had heard both of them arrive a few minutes earlier, and while he had been sitting there for a few minutes, he couldn't bring himself to dry his tears.

Cub had talked him into an even fancier dress, a dull cyan tea length dress, with a silk bow under his pecs. The bottom layer of the dress was soft and silky, the top layer an intricate web of lace. A purse hung off his shoulder, the same color as dress with a long chain to hold on to. He had even worn heels!

His hair, which was already quite long, was swept back and styled. He had given in and applied some makeup, light pink lipstick, eyeshadow to match his dress, and he had even worked up enough confidence to put in some diamond earrings.