The infant problem (1)

Yet more stresskall fluff (no I don't have a problem shush)

An infant gets dropped on Stress' doorstep.
———

Stress brushed her teeth, smiling at herself in the mirror. She brushed her fingers through her hair, removing the ribbon from her wrist so she could tie her hair into a bun.

She was about to put on some makeup when she heard something.

Was that.. a baby crying?

Confused but filled with a sense of urgency, Stress tried to follow the sound.

She followed it to her front door.

Lo and behold, there on the ground, was an infant swaddled in a white blanket, crying.

Stress scooped up the small infant, holding them carefully. There was also a little note that she hadn't noticed before.

She carefully plucked the note from the folds of the blanket. It was very simple. A one sided card with text printed on.

I trust you'll give her a good home.
-TA (leave your comments here, who do you think TA is?)

"Her, Huh." Stress carefully rocked the baby, "no name given. What am I going to do with you." She murmured.

She hummed a short lullaby, bringing the child inside. She didn't really know how to care for a child, and it wasn't like she was expecting to she didn't have baby bottles or anything.

She grabbed a cup and opened the fridge door, pouring out a small glass of milk. She grabbed a straw and carefully lowered it to the infants lips, coaxing the small girl into drinking it.

Once she got a bit of the milk in her system she appeared to calm down, and Stress grabbed her phone.

She called the first number in her contacts, the phone only rung once before the person on the receiving end picked up.

"Hey Stre-" a masculine voice started.

"Hi, sorry for the short notice, love, but it's a bit of an emergency. Can you come over?" Stress cut the voice off.

"I'm kind of in the middle of som-" he said, only to get cut off again.

"Please, it's really important." Stress said, a touch of pleading in her voice. "I'll make it up to you."

The man on the other side
let out a breath, "fine I'll be there in five."

"Bring a baby bottle and baby formula- oh and a pacifier, thanks a million!" She didn't give time for questions and hung up.

Not ten minutes later did the sound of rockets indicate someone's arrival, and a certain Swedish man walked through the door.

He got quite the shock.

"What the-" he started, quite loudly.

"Iskall!" Stress whisper-yelled, "you'll wake her. Did you bring the stuff?"

"Yeah- I had to make everything, good thing I had the stuff on hand." Iskall whisper-yelled back, producing a bottle, a box of baby formula, and a pacifier from his inventory.