Monophobia

Songfic based on Monophobia by Ace of Hearts.

Tw: suicide, guns, depression, mental health. Proceed with caution.

———

If you had to choose between being unhappy or alone would you know which to choose?

Tango ran his finger over the side of his gun, the smooth metal cool against his skin. He felt like road kill, hit by a car and left for dead by the side of the highway. If he was lucky, a kid might come along and scramble up his remains with a stick.

Anything was better than what he was feeling now.

He felt alone, empty, like nothing really mattered.

And truly, did it?

His entire life he had worked towards one thing: settling down with someone, leading a nice peaceful life with a person he could truly say he loved.

He thought he had found that person, a charming Englishman with eyes deep enough to drown in.

Zedaph

It took months to work up the courage, but Tango asked him out. They seemed to really hit it off, and were going on three years strong.

Tango truly loved him, the velvet box in his pocket was proof of that, but apparently Zedaph didn't love him back 

Tango found Zed just a few hours ago, tongue shoved down the throat of Tango's best friend.

If you woke up the next morning and you didn't have a past
Did that mean that your wish came true?

Tango looked up at the ceiling, slowly intertwining his hand around the handle of his gun. It felt so right, the rough groves holding his palm in place despite how hard his hands were shaking.

Zed was perfect.

A great sense of humor, cheery personality, the looks to match..

Apparently he wasn't the only one who thought that.

Why?

He couldn't even cry, he couldn't bring himself to.

Someone like him could never date someone like Zedaph.

Zedaph was perfect, Tango.. was well.. not.

He should have seen this coming, he should have known-

In one swift movement, he brought the gun to his head, holding it steady for a few seconds.

Come on, come on.. all he had to do was pull the trigger.

Pull it.

It would all be over.

"GOD DAMN IT I SAID PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER-" Tango yelled, words barreling out of his mouth in a fit of rage. "GET THIS OVER WITH JUST PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER I SAID PULL IT PULL IT PULL- pull.. pu.."