The Other Side

Request by radiant_kitty:

False gets sick and tries to hide it from the other hermits. Not going to lie this ended up really depressing.
———

False was in her strip mine, out for diamonds. At least that's what she told everyone.

Right now she was fighting blazes and a cough, she would have asked to use someone's blaze farm but then they would have asked why.. and she couldn't deal with that.

She was able to kill a few blazes and was now set about looting their bodies.

She got about thirty blaze rods, and set off to her base.

———

False flew in to her base, opening her little dug out hill and set to work.

She set up a small brewing station, brewing three of each a regeneration, strength, and instant health potions.

Once that was done she stacked them neatly in her inventory and went outside, lighting her makeshift stove.

It was a campfire she modified to be suitable for pots and pans, so she threw a meadium sized sauce pan on.

She poured one of the regeneration potions into the saucepan, stirring it with a wooden spoon.

She waited for it to come to a boil before pouring equal parts sugar and blaze powder into the mix.

She stirred it slowly, letting the ingredients incorporate.

She then turned down the heat by pouring some water over the coals. Would this have been a safe and practical thing to do in real life? No. But this was minecraft.

She poked the fire with a stick, bringing her mixture to a bare simmer.

She let it sit while stirring until it formed a thicker liquid.

She then added half a bottle of instant health and strength.

She stirred it thoroughly before pouring out the mixture into two jars.

False cleaned up her saucepan, then looked at the two jars.

She had been coughing up blood and her skin had been turning steadily grayer for a week now. On top of that she had been experiencing random spikes of damage and hunger. She had all the symptoms.

She, Falsesymmetry, was dying.

She had End's disease.

End's disease was rare, but has an almost 100% mortality rate. Only one person had ever survived it, and that person had to break into the game code. It nearly wiped him from the database, turning him into a mangled glitch.

As far as false could divine, there was no stopping the virus. You could only slow it down with potions, but the inevitability was there.

Death. Looming over her.

When would her time be? A week? A month? A day?