A Coin Flip

Some flufffffff~
Uh beef x keralis is underrated as hell

No warnings, and suggested song is 'The only difference between suicide and martyrdom is press coverage' by Panic! At the disco, wattpad wouldn't let me link :(
———

Keralis let out a slight giggle, eyes wide, almost insane with glee.

If Beef didn't know better, he'd say the business man was high.

"Well! If you think I'll cheat, let's put it to a gamble! Something fair and square." Keralis' voice sung like a siren, so sweet it was sickly, and charming enough to drag Beef under.

The butcher's eyes sharpened to points, brows furrowed as he attempted to calculate the best possible plan to come out on top of this situation.

"What, like poker? Roulette?" The Canadian kept his voice even, slick as ever, and charming, though in a way that was far more.. benevolent than Keralis.

"I was thinking something far more.. simple.."

Keralis produced something from his pocket, a small, shining disk of silver.

"Wait- you want to put all of our grievances to a coin flip?"

"Do we have a deal?"

"Yes."

Keralis grinned, the smile so disgustingly familiar it sent a shiver down Beef's spine.

"I'll let you throw, my little kebab, just so you know it's fair."

God, even that ridiculous nickname sounded like the sweetest..

Beef was caught off guard as Keralis' quarter flew in his face, and he barely had enough time to catch it, fingers fumbling as he managed to secure the coin in his fingers.

"Heads or tails?" Beef asked, trying to ignore the way Keralis stared at him.

The gambler shook his head, making a slight 'tsk tsk tsk' noise. "Ah, my little kebab, once it's in the air we bet. Now hurry, hurry! Throw! Throw!"

Beef let out a flustered sigh, holding the coin in the right position.

Beef flicked the coin up into the air, waiting for it to reach the apex of its ark before calling out.

"Heads!"

Now to wait and see.

It tumbled through the air, the late evening light glinting off of it as it flipped..

It hit the ground, rolling slightly to the side before landing on-

"Tails!" Keralis cheered, giggling like a madman as he grabbed Beef's apron.

He pulled the slightly bloodied apron forwards, yanking Beef off balance.

The younger hermit stumbled, over-correcting slightly, almost falling flat to the ground. He was only saved by Keralis' grip, and while he was saved from the fall, he wasn't saved from the embarrassment of having his face mere inches from Keralis'.