The Judge (1)

Tw: light sexual content (it's just a make out session, I promise it's not that bad-)

Yeah! This is just a bit of angst because why not!

This chapter is the longest by far, 2600+ words

I'm sorry lmao

Please tell me if I made any grammar mistakes- it's bound to have happened at least once-
———

"I don't know about this, Scar.." Bdubs furrowed his brow, hand on his head, fingers laced into his black hair.

"Ah, Bdubs, don't worry your sweet little head. Once that pesky dog catcher is gone, we'll be able to transform the shopping district to our hearts content!" Scar gave a slight giggle, bringing his pickaxe down onto a shining blue block of diamond.

Bdubs blushed a bit at the nickname, unable to help the flurry of emotions that stirred in his stomach at the praise, "yes, but-"

The shorter man was silenced with a kiss, the mayor turning on a dime to peck his lover on the lips. "It will all turn out in the end."
———
'Throne diamonds stolen?! Mayor issues statement!'

Hermitcraft was in chaos. Overnight, every single one of the shopping district diamonds had been stolen. Gone, without a trace.

Cub had been the first to discover it, and he and Cleo had worked like mad to get the exclusive first look at the drama.

By then, however, they were just amplifying the rumors that had been echoed throughout the server. By 10:00 am, everyone had heard about the missing throne.

Hermits speculated and gossiped, and by the time they had all sat down for an impromptu meeting, everyone had their own personal theory as to what happened to the shiny blue rocks.

"Was it a glitch?"
"Were they destroyed?"
"Were they stolen?"
"What? That's ridiculous! Who would steal-"

"Actually," a voice was quick to cut through the chaos, the british accent able to silence the room. "We have to consider the possibility that they were stolen.." Xisuma sighed, casting a glance around the room. "In fact, it is the most likely scenario.."

"I-" Scar paused to cough, before standing from his seat. The room stood still for the mayor, all on the edge of their seat to see what their leader had to say. "I agree with Xisuma. It is unfortunate, but.. I don't see any other obvious explanation." Scar's green eyes flickered with sadness, his voice rueful and low.

The hermits drank it up.

"..didn't Joe say something about burning the diamond throne?" This time it was Bdubs, sat to Scar's right hand. His voice was low, cautious, almost slightly regretful.

"What?! That's ridiculous!" Cleo jumped out of her seat, hand slamming down on the table. She glared daggers into Bdubs, causing the black haired man to wince.

"I have to agree," Joe pushed his glasses up his nose as he spoke, "if I were to burn the diamonds, it would be through due democratic process."

"Whatever the case, we can't discount the possibility, sorry Joe." Xisuma shot Cleo a glare, enough to temper the Zombie back into her seat.