Ok cupid

Me flexing my Greek god knowledge

Tw for mentions of alcohol, violence, slight hits of blood. I promise it's not really that bad.
———

Grian flapped his wings, letting out a small sigh of discontent. His halo bobbed above his wheat colored hair, shining a faint glow that was indistinguishable in comparison to the sun.

His thin lips creased into a frown, his wide brown eyes glossed over and looking off into the distance.

Olympus was beautiful today.

Well, it always was.

If Grian was honest? It was boring.

He was one of the many sons of Aphrodite, and while being a literal god had its perks, after a few centuries of making other people fall in love with each other he wanted to get in on the action.

One interaction with someone truly.. mortal.

He had been contemplating for a while, and a talk with his friend Zedaph really set him over the edge

Now all he had to do was talk to his mother and get approval.

He extended his small, heart shaped wings, taking off.

He flew around for a bit, landing on a terrace outside of his mother's bedroom.

Lucky for him, she was there.

"Mum!" He called, crouching on the terrace bannister like a bird. "I've made up my mind."

Aphrodite was thousands of years old, but looked the part of a twenty year old. Her skin glowed, the soft color of chocolate ice cream. Her dark hair bounced in long uniform curls.

Grian clearly took after his father with his light colored skin and hair. The only trait he shared with his mother was his dark, alluring eyes that seemed to draw you in from halfway across the room.

"Mm, honey. You have?" Aphrodite reached forward and ruffled Grians hair.

"Yes. I'm going to fly down to earth. I just need your blessing." He said, smiling shyly.

"Well, you need a change of clothes." The goddess snapped her fingers, changing Grian out of his standard toga and into a bright red sweater with black pants. His sandals traded for brown boots.

"You can keep your wings, but that halo.." Aphrodite reached out to grab it, and Grian reflexively backed away.

"I Uhh-" he took the halo himself, gently pulling it away from his head. He compressed it down like a slinky, wrapping it around his wrist. "Will this do?"

"Mm, yes. I can't believe my little Grian is growing up so fast!" Aphrodite beamed, eyes shining with affection.

"I'm 437!" Grian grumbled in response, standing up straight on the terrace bannister.

"I know sweetie, now go show them what you're made of."
———

The trip was harder than expected.