Chapter 2

"Hey! it's been a while... You wanna catch up or something?" And my heart drops....

"Who's the message from?" Ariana asks, peering at my phone as I continue to look down at the message, in pure shock.

"James Worpel." I say looking up at her and she smiles.

"What does he want?" Ariana asks and I sigh.

"He wants to catch up..."

"Tahls, this is good, you should totally catch up with him, you haven't seen him what... like 3 years?."

"Yeah but why is he messaging me now? I reached out to him after Josh and I broke up and he never responded."

"Maybe he never even got the message."

"No, he did, he just never responded."

"Did you send him an actual message, like on messages or a Dm."

"A DM."

"Tahlia, he's a footy player for god sake, the amount of Dm's he gets would be out of this world, he probably just didn't see it."

"You're right, but still I thought he liked me."

"You guys had a fling didn't you?"

"Yeah... we did."

"So then obviously you must've made it clear to him that it wasn't going to get serious." Ariana says and I nod.

"I did say that." I say sighing and Ariana rolls her eyes.

"So even if he did see the message, he must've thought that you were going to use him to get over Josh."

"Shit." I say sighing. "I feel terrible because that's what I did in Noosa, I was trying to forget about Josh. He said it was fine, and he'd help me forget which was kind of him but I didn't take into account his feelings, I only thought about myself."

"I feel like an idiot." I say and Ariana sighs.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, if Worps had a problem with what was happening he would've said something.. surely."

"Yeah he would've. I still feel bad like what if he wanted things to become more serious between us? I didn't even give him a chance back then."

"I know. So, my advice to you is, don't make the same mistake again." Ariana says and I nod, then sigh.

"I won't. But I can't respond now."

"Why?"

"Because I just can't."

"Well, just leave it, but don't ignore him him completely you know."

"I know, and I won't. I've just gotta figure out what to say."

"Easy, Hey Worps, no time long see haha! Tell me a date and time and I'll be there xx." Ariana says and I smile.

"How do you come up with this shit on the spot."

"I've got heaps, would you like me to list them all."

"Yes please, I need to know the other's you have." I say pulling up Notes on my phone and typing in the reply that Ariana just said, obviously as a joke.

"Another one you could say is: Hey Worps, it has been a while hasn't it? I'd love to see your cute face again sometime xx."

"Very flirty with that one."

"Well, you're better off telling him from the get go that you're willing to see where it goes between you two."

"True." I say then I sigh, putting my phone back down on the couch and looking over at Ariana.