Chapter 37

Monday morning.

The worst day of the week if you ask me.

I run around the house like a headless chook because I somehow managed to sleep through my alarm.

Surprisingly, Em and Marcus are still sleeping when I leave the house. Lucky them. I think as I jump into my car and start the drive to school.

I miraculously make it to school early, beating all the traffic, which I am thankful for.

I park in the staff carpark before grabbing my things and making my way to my office.

When I get there, a couple of teachers are sitting at their desks. I say hello to them as I walk over to mine, placing my stuff down before taking a seat.

I open my laptop and look at the class I have first two periods, starting to copy and paste the lesson plan I made over the weekend on the dashboard on Compass.

I check my phone to see that there has been a missed call from James and I smile, getting up and walking outside, pressing on his number.

"Morning gorgeous." He answers the phone and I chuckle.

"Good morning, sorry I missed your call." I say as I take a seat at one of the tables in the canteen area.

"It's okay, I figured your phone would be on silent."

"Well, yeah, don't want you ringing every 5 minutes."

"True." He says and I smile.

"Are you already that bored?"

"Maybe." He says and I laugh.

"Of course. Why don't you go and do something productive today?"

"I got training at 11:30, so I will be productive thank you very much."

"Oh yeah that's right, well hope you have fun at training."

"Thanks. I miss you."

"You literally saw me the other day."

"Yeah but still." He whines and I laugh.

"You're such a baby."

"I'll take that as a compliment." He says and I laugh again just as some of the boys that I teach sit down across from me.

"Alright sure sure. Listen, I gotta go, but I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Leaving me already? How rude."

"Sorry that I have to work and you don't."

"Hey, I start work at 11:30 thank you."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say."

"Alright, I'll let you go bubs, have a great day."

"You too, I'll speak to you later." I say before we hang up.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Brandon, one of the year 11 boys I teach asks and I laugh.

"None of your business." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Ay nah it's probably her secret boyfriend or something." Damien says and I laugh.

"No secret boyfriend's here."

"So who were you talking to then?"

"Baz." I say and they all nod. Good, that shut them up.

"So are you here to intrude in my private life? Or ask me questions about the upcoming sac?"

"What? There's a sac coming up?" They all say and I laugh.

"Relax, it's in a couple of weeks."

"Thank god." Damien says and I smile.