Chapter 24

I wake up to the sound of my alarm beeping and I groan, slamming my fist on it to make it shut up. 

To be honest, I was looking forward to going to school today, even though it's only for one day.  But the truth is, I was enjoying my holidays. 

I roll out of bed and head straight to the bathroom, where I splash my face with water and tie my hair into a messy bun, before walking out. 

I grab some clothes from my walk-in-robe and chuck them on, before heading downstairs and making myself something to eat. 

"Morning." I say to Marcus who is getting ready to go into the club. They have their training camp sometime this week. 

"Morning." He says with a smile. 

"Watcha doing up so early?" I ask and Marcus chuckles. 

"We got our training camp this week." 

"So what you're leaving today?" 

"Yes Tahls." 

"So that's why you wanted to spend all of yesterday with Em and I." 

"Yes." He says and I sigh. 

"Well I am going to miss you, but Em will miss you more." 

"Of course she will." He says and I smile, as I walk over to the fridge and pull out the smoothie I made last night. 

"Excited to go back to school for a day?" 

"Yes and no." 

"So you have mixed feelings?" 

"Yep. Hate getting up early but am excited to see everyone." 

"Fair enough." Marcus says as he leans on the bench. "I forgot to ask you, how did your day trip go with Worpel?" 

"Yeah good." I say and Marcus frowns 

"Is that all I'm gonna get?" 

"What else would you like to know?" 

"Well, you've been spending a lot of time with him lately." 

"Well yeah, he's a good friend." I say and Marcus nods, not pushing me any further as I clearly don't want to tell him what's really going on. 

"Alright well I better get going." He says and I nod. "But first I better go and say bye to Em, otherwise she'll kill me." He adds, walking around to the other side of the bench and pulling me into a hug, then placing a kiss on the top of my head. 

"Love you and I know Worpel won't break your heart, if that's what you're worried about." Marcus says before heading upstairs to say goodbye to Em. 

How the fuck does he know that? It can't be that obvious can it? 

Or maybe he's just saying it to remind me that not all guys are dickheads. But that still doesn't wash away the bad gut feeling I have. 

It makes me think that I'm cursed with guys, that I am never gonna find love. 

But I don't let anyone know that I'm feeling that way. 

Marcus comes back downstairs smiling ear to ear which makes me smile, because he is so in love with Em. 

"Bye, have fun." I say and Marcus chuckles. 

"Thanks Tahls, take care of yourself and don't stress. Em is here for you to talk to if you need." 

"I know." I say and Marcus smiles. 

"Good, see you in a week's time." 

"Sure will." I say and Marcus smiles as he grabs his things and walks out the front door.