Chapter 48

"I'll stay home if you want me to." I say to James and he shakes his head. 

"Tahls, don't be stupid, you need to go in." He says. "You already left early on Wednesday cause of me, I don't want you to stay home when you could be teaching. Your students need you there." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes I'm sure. I'll be fine, I've got the boys." 

"Alright." I say reluctantly getting up to start getting ready for work. 

Do I want to stay home? 

Yes, yes I do

But I know that James needs this. He needs some normality back into his life, and me going to work is kickstarting that. 

He is much better then how he was when I came home on Wednesday, but he still has moments where he gets sad, and that's understandable. 

I tie my hair up into a messy bun before walking out of the bathroom. 

"You know we're flying out tonight right." 

"Tonight?" I say and he nods. 

"Yeah..." 

"Did you tell them what happened?" 

"Of course I did. They're the ones that suggested bringing you along." 

"Really?" 

"Yep... but I mean I totally understand if you don't come, it's on such short notice..." James starts and I shush him. 

"I will be coming don't you worry. I'll go past Marcus and Em's house, pack a few things and tell them what's happening." 

"Okay." He says with a smile. 

"I'll see you tonight." I say walking over to him and leaning in to kiss him and he smiles. 

"Have a good day." He says and I smile as I walk out of his room, heading downstairs. 

I grab a muesli bar out of the pantry before walking out of the house, jumping into my car and starting the drive to work. 

On the way I decide to ring Marcus.. 

"Morning Tahls." He says and I smile. 

"Morning, how are you guys?" 

"Yeah we're alright. Em's just getting Matteo ready for Kinder." 

"You better be helping her." 

"Of course I am." Marcus says and I laugh. 

"How's Worps going?" 

"He's okay. As okay he can be three days after finding out about his grandmother's death." I say. 

"Yeah." Marcus says with a sigh, and I sigh as well. 

"Hey, so the Hawks boys fly out tonight to go to Adelaide, and I was thinking of going with them just to be there for James.. But I honestly don't know if I should go..." I say. "Like I feel like I'm smothering him, but he says I'm not, but I feel like I am." 

"Of course go Tahls. If the club is letting you go, go." 

"You reckon?" 

"Yeah, James will need all the support he can get. And you being there might help him take his mind off it." 

"True. Alright, I'll go." 

"And Tahls, if he says that you're not smothering him then you're not, you gotta stop overthinking." 

"I know, it's just second nature for me to doubt myself." 

"I know, but you gotta stop." He says as I pull into the carpark.