Chapter 62

The next couple of weeks fly by and it's already round 12!

Yep. The season is flying by in a blink of an eye if I'm being honest. We're halfway through the year, and more then halfway through the season. Which means before we know it, it'll be done.

It's bittersweet for me because I know I get a long break from both of my jobs, but I also do miss it at some stage. Not having footy in general is depressing. But I am always busy helping the boys train and get their bodies right as we cannot go one off-season without footy talk. I guess that's what happens when you live with the captain... or should I say used to live? 

Anyway, let's not think that far ahead yet. Tonight is a massive game. It's Dogs vs Cats. And I am nervous I won't lie.

It's just our history with playing Geelong that I can't help but keep at the back of my mind.

They always beat us, or find a way to beat us. We can never beat them and it's frustrating. So frustrating because we know, and all the players know that at stages of the games we've lost, we were better.

For example last year it took a goal after the siren for Geelong to win. They really didn't deserve to win that game and I still hold a grudge till this day cause I was pretty heartbroken as we were so close to winning down at Geelong. But I guess that's in the past...

As I said, it's a big game. So hopefully the boys can get the job done.

I park my car in the Marvel Stadium car park before grabbing my things and making my way into the rooms where the boys are starting to warm up.

I head straight over to Em to chat with her for a bit before we get to work with all the stuff we need to complete before the game begins.

"Hey, make sure you're kicking em straight." I say to Baz as I walk past him having a set shot to head back into the rooms.

He lines up for goal, and slots it through.

"You don't need to be worried, I'm a pretty straight kick." He boasts and I roll my eyes.

"Talk to me when you win us a game off your own boot." I say before I walk down into the rooms with Baz not too far behind me.

"You don't think I'd be able to win us a game?"

"Never said that." I say as I stop to look at him. "That should be the last thing on your mind, you have a game to play." I add and he smiles.

"Don't worry, my heads in the game." He says before walking away and I chuckle, shaking my head before the boys finish up their last minute preparations and head up the race.

The roar of the crowd was pretty loud when the boys ran out, and I am proud that there is a pretty decent crowd in tonight.

Being a smaller club, that don't have many members, seeing Marvel stadium pretty full is something to cherish. 

The two captains meet in the middle where the coin is tossed and they both go back to their teams to give them a final rev up.

Then the ball is bounced....
————————————————

"We are Geelong, the greatest team of all." The Cats theme song chimes through the stadium and I sigh as I help Em and the others pack up our stuff before heading down to the rooms.

I plonk myself down on the bench waiting for the boys to come in as I have to cheer them up. They'll all be flat.

Geelong completely ran over us and there was no way of us stopping them.

We had a couple opportunities, but our poor first quarter and poor goal kicking let us down.

We just have a tough time beating Geelong and it's pretty frustrating. I know I hate playing them because we can never beat them, but I guess it is what it is. Can't change anything about it now.