Chapter 26

"Hey Worps, what's up?" Bont answers the door and I sigh. 

"Hey mate." I say and Bont smiles. 

"Come in, come in." He says letting me in and I smile. "Em and I were just starting to prepare dinner." 

"Oh nice." I say and he nods, closing the front door behind me before we both walk into the kitchen/living room area. 

"Hey James, how are you?" Em says and I smile. 

"Yeah good yourself?" 

"Good." She says before turning back to what she was doing. 

I follow Bont to the couch, taking a seat the same time he does. 

"Did you want anything to drink mate?" 

"Yeah I'll grab a water." I say and Marcus nods, looking at Em. 

"Hey babe, could you pass a bottle of water." 

"Of course." She says, chucking a bottle of water at me and I smile. 

"Thanks." 

"Welcome." 

"So what can I do for ya mate?" 

"Is Tahlia home?" I ask and Bont shakes his head. 

"Nah man, she's at our cousins house." 

"Oh, okay." 

"She didn't tell you that she wasn't going to be home?" 

"Nope." 

"Interesting." Bont says and I nod. 

"Yeah, I don't know what's going on but she's actually not responding to me at all." I say which makes both Bont and Em raise their eyebrows. 

"That's weird." 

"Very weird." Em agrees and I nod. 

"Yeah, I have no idea what I've done, but I've texted her a million times and she hasn't responded." 

"You sure you haven't done anything mate?" 

"Not that I can recall.." 

"I'm sure you haven't. She's probably got her phone off." Em reassures me and I nod. 

"Could be right, but Tahlia is always on her phone, she's ignoring me." 

"Can you think of any reason as to why?" Bont asks and I shrug. Then I think back to when this shit all started... after I took her out on that day trip.. when I kissed her. It all went downhill after that. 

"How long has she been doing this for?" Em asks, walking over with some snacks, placing them on the coffee table before taking a seat next to her husband. 

"Hmm, it's been days. It was after I took her down to the rock pools in Blairgowrie." I say and they both nod. 

"I think I may know what could have started this, but I don't want to rat her out." 

"The only way we can help you is if you tell us." Em says and I nod. 

"Alright." I say taking in a deep breath. "Let's just say we may or may not have kissed and yeah it just went downhill from there." 

"Like straight after the kiss?" Em asks and I shake my head. 

"No afterwards she seemed fine, happy even. It was a day or two after." 

"Interesting." Bont says and I nod.

"I'll see what I can get out of her, she'll open up to me." Em says and I nod, Bont also nods as well. 

"I'll try as well." Bont says and I nod. 

"Thank you guys. It's hard enough waiting for her let alone this." 

"I know how you feel mate. It ain't easy." Bont says and I nod. 

"You love her don't you?" Em asks and I shrug. 

"Look, I don't know what love is, or what it feels like, but what I do know is that I really like her." I say and they both nod. 

"I can see that you really care about her. And you're a good guy Worps, so I will help you." Bont says and I laugh. 

"So if you didn't like me you wouldn't help?" 

"Nah man." Bont says and I laugh again, then shake my head. 

"That's mean as." 

"He ships you two." Em teases and I laugh again while Bont rolls his eyes.

 "Ship isn't the right word." 

"He does. In Noosa he wouldn't stop telling me about how good of a guy you are and how much you care about his sister." 

"Looks like I have your approval to marry her then." I joke and Bont raises an eyebrow. 

"Hey now calm down." 

"I'm calm mate, just taking the piss." I say and he smiles. 

"You're a good kid Worpel." He says and I smile. 

"I'll be back." Em says getting up and walking upstairs. 

"How'd you pull her?" I joke and Bont shrugs. 

"No clue man, my charm I guess." 

"Gotta be something else." 

"Maybe, maybe not, but she is gorgeous, and I adore her." Bont says and I nod. 

"I don't wanna say the wrong thing here but I agree with the gorgeous part." I say and Bont nods. 

"You were raised right." 

"Well, I'm not a home wrecker. Unless she gets back with Dunks then I will be one." 

"And I would give you all the permission in the world to do that. Although they'll never get back together." 

"Well good, I'd be devo if it did happen." 

"Were you devo when she was with that fucking idiot?" 

"I have to admit I was, but I wasn't going to stop her if that's what she wanted. Just a fucking shame how it ended." I say. "I didn't trust him." 

"Yeah same bro honestly." 

"I went to school with that dickhead and he's been the same since then. Idiot hasn't changed in years." 

"He deserves what he got." Bont says and I nod. "Although you didn't deserve the three week ban." 

"It's bullshit, but I felt bad about not reporting it to the club, just in case the dickhead took it to the police, then I would've been screwed." 

"I guess. But you told them what happened right?" 

"Sure did, left Tahls' name out of it obviously. But that didn't even change their minds about the ban." 

"Fuck man, that's shit." 

"I know, but it is what it is." I say and Bont nods. 

"Anyway, thanks for having me, I should probably get going, I got early morning training tomorrow." I say and Bont nods. 

"No worries man, you're welcome here anytime. We'll try and get it out of Tahls." 

"Thanks for you help, and tell Em thanks too." 

"No worries." He says as he walks me out the door. 

I get into my car, putting my seat belt on before starting the engine and driving off, sighing to myself at how unsuccessful this was. 

What the hell am I going to do now....? 

***

Bont actually trying to help set his sister up with Worps? Something you would never have seen in the Dunks fan fic HAHAHAHA 

Bont has come a very long way let's just say! 

Let's pray Worps can get in contact with Tahls soon! 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out soon!!!