Chapter 7

I am woken up by a soft snore above me which makes my eyes shoot open. I jump up, looking around me, panic coursing through my veins. I see James asleep on the couch, just where I was sitting and it hits me. We must've fallen asleep whilst watching the movie... shit..

I sigh to myself sitting down on the other couch, trying not to wake up James who is peacefully sleeping with his head tilted back on the couch and mouth open a little. I smile at the adorable sight, before I search the area for my phone knowing that I should probably let my brother know where I am.

I grab it off the coffee table, unlocking it. Thankfully there are no messages or missed calls from Marcus like I expected, which I find a bit weird. Or maybe him and Em aren't up yet to even realise that I'm not home. They would've expected me to come home late, therefore are expecting me to sleep in.

I press on Marcus' name and begin to explain what happened, telling him it wasn't my intention of staying over and I guess it sort of happened because I was exhausted.

Once the message is sent, I get up, picking up the pizza box and plates and walking over to the kitchen. I place the plates in the dishwasher and the pizza box in the fridge as it still has some pizza left in it. It does cross my mind that it has been sitting there all night, but I'm sure it's eatable.

I then make my way to the bathroom where I splash my face with water before pulling my hair into a messy bun. I look at myself for a few seconds, making sure I look presentable before I walk out of the bathroom and head back to the living room where James is now awake.

"Morning." I say and he looks at me, his worried face slowly relaxing as he realises I'm still here.

"Morning." He says then he sighs. "I thought you left."

"Why would I leave without saying goodbye?"

"I dunno, I thought you freaked that we fell asleep and..."

"It's okay James." I say taking a seat next to him on the couch and he nods, then sighs looking at the coffee table.

"You didn't have to clean up, I would've done it."

"I wanted to clean up."

"You're an angel, do you know that?"

"Yes, I do." I say and he smiles.

"Look, sorry about falling asleep it was never my intention." I say letting out a yawn and James chuckles.

"It's okay Tahlia, really, you seemed exhausted and having a few drinks wouldn't have helped either. Even if you wanted to leave I would've have let you, especially since you were tired and had some wine."

"I would've been fine to drive home."

"Really? You sure about that?"

"Yeah... probably not." I say and we both laugh. "God how much did we drink last night?"

"Not enough apparently." James says sighing and I smile.

"Got a hangover?" I tease and he shakes his head.

"No, just a headache."

"Yeah, basically a hangover." I say and he laughs.

"How are you fine? You literally drank 4 glasses of wine."

"It takes a lot for me to get drunk."

"Noted." He says getting up from the couch and walking into the kitchen where he opens a cupboard that reveals all his medicines.

"Don't have some Panadol now, you need to eat first." I say, getting up and rushing over to him and he sighs, looking at me and shaking his head.

"You sound like my mother."