Chapter 17

The breakfast that James made me was delicious. He really is a great cook, although he can be a bit lazy, so that's why he mainly gets other people to cook. That's what he's told me anyways. 

But I think he should cook regularly because his skill needs to be recognised. 

It's currently 3 in the afternoon and James is still over, and I don't think he'll be going home anytime soon. 

We've spent the past couple of hours, after my panic attack binge watching Lucifer because it's pretty interesting, and I got James hooked onto it, so that's a bonus. 

I get up off the couch and head to the kitchen, grabbing James and I some snacks and that's when another panic attack hits me randomly. 

James runs to my side and wraps his arms around me, stroking my hair and telling me that everything is going to be okay. 

I sob to his chest as that night plays over and over, through my head, no matter how hard I try, I am unable to escape it. 

"Hey, hey hey." James says, lifting my face up so he can look into my eyes. "Look at me." 

I oblige, looking at him as the tears trickle down my cheeks. 

"Tell me how you're feeling." James says and I sigh, wiping my tears from my face. 

"I-I, I don't know. I wasn't even thinking about it I swear, it just happened, which made me think about it." 

"Okay, so maybe something triggered it." James says looking around to see what could've possibly triggered it. 

"Did you take out any snacks, like these Doritos or something?" James asks and I nod. 

"Yes, I remember taking Doritos out, then sitting back down on the couch before he... he." I say, feeling a lump in my throat and James nods. 

"I know it's only been a day Tahls, and it's still fresh, but I think we need to get away from here." 

"What do you mean?" I ask intrigued by his statement. 

"I mean, why don't we go away somewhere? Or you can stay at a friends place or something for a few days, just so that you can get away and not have things trigger you." 

"You think that could work?" 

"If I'm being honest Tahls, I don't know. But we can try." He says and I smile, then nod. 

"If this works, you really are a genius." I say and he laughs. 

"Well, there's no harm in trying." 

"Very true." I say then I smile. "I have a house in Portsea that is currently vacant." 

"Perfect!" 

"You really think my brother will let the two of us go and stay at our house in Portsea... by ourselves?" 

"Yeah, why not? I know my boundaries love." He says and I nod, then smile. 

"Love?" 

"You don't like it?" 

"Well no, it sounds like something I'd get called at work as a teenager working at woolies." I say and he laughs. 

"Alright, beautiful." He says which makes my heart skip a beat. 

"Yeah he definitely won't let us with you using those pet names." 

"Don't tell me you don't like pet names?" 

"I do, just a specific one that reminds me of a specific someone." I say sighing and James grabs my hand.