Chapter 29

Friday night.

It felt like an eternity just to get to tonight. 

Especially having to go to school and teach a 6 periods. 

That's what happens when you have two health and one psych classes. 

Anyways. School was alright. 

I basically taught the kids based on the agenda I created and surprisingly, got through all the content for the double lesson, which I was super happy about as I didn't have to set any homework. Which I hate doing because then I'll have to collect books and check if they actually did it. 

I get home at around 4pm as the traffic was a pain in the ass. 

"Hey guys." I say dumping my stuff on the kitchen bench as Marcus slides over a coffee for me. 

"Hey little sis, how was work?" 

"Yeah good. Just a bit tiring considering it was a 6 on day." 

"Could imagine." Em says and I smile. 

"But it'll all make up for it tonight right?" Marcus says with a smile and I nod also smiling. 

"Sure it will." 

"Aw date with James." Em says and I smile. "You need to tell me everything that happens." 

"Of course I will, but right now, I need to finish this coffee and start getting ready." 

"Definitely! Can I do your makeup?" 

"You read my mind, I was just about to ask you." I say and she laughs. 

"Alright, I'll go set up." Em says clapping her hands together and running upstairs which makes both Marcus and I chuckle. 

"You know, I am so glad you and Em get along so well, I'd have no idea what I'd do if you two didn't." 

"Yeah well, she is an awesome person. It's hard not to like her." I say and Marcus nods. 

"Can agree with that." He says then he smiles. "But tonight isn't about me and Em, it's about you." 

"For once." 

"Yes for once." He says then he sighs. "Look Tahlia, I know I've been harsh on you in the past but all I want is for you to be happy. Seeing you heart broken over and over again makes me angry and upset. I just want the best for you and I really think James can give you that." He adds and I smile at his words. 

"Thanks Marcus. I guess I just don't want to end up the way I was a couple of years ago." 

"I can't guarantee anything, but I know Worps is a good guy who cares about you a lot. He's a special one, one you don't wanna lose." 

"I know. I just have a hard time trusting him because of what's happened." 

"I understand Tahls. And he understands too. Just take your time." Marcus says wrapping his arm around my shoulder and squeezing me, which makes me smile. I turn and wrap my brother in a hug, snuggling into his chest as he places a kiss on my forehead. 

"Love you." I say and he smiles. 

"Love you too, now go and get ready." 

"Good idea." I say getting up and walking upstairs with a massive smile on my face. 

It means the world to me that Marcus approves of James. He's the one who organised James to come over last Saturday and talk to me. He just wants me to be happy, and I love him so much for it. 

He know's I've been through hell with guys, and ever since Josh broke my heart, their friendship has been a bit rocky. Josh has become closer to Ads, which is fine because my brother doesn't care. But I do miss their friendship, it was ultimate. Guess I'm to blame for that....