Chapter 51

First week of school holidays. 

How nice is it to be able to sleep in? Not have to worry about getting up and beating the morning commute to work. 

God I love this feeling of holidays. 

And what makes these holidays extra special, is obviously Easter is coming up! Which also means Good Friday footy for my boys, and Easter Monday footy for Worps and the Hawks boys.

The season hasn't been so great for the dogs. We won our round 3 match against the Swans, with my brother kicking the winning goal as usual, a similar goal to another game against the Swans back in 2019. We then lost our round 4 clash against the Tigers. It was a pretty shocking game if you'd ask me. Everything was basically going right, except our bloody goal kicking. The boys kicked 7 goals and 19 behinds, flip that around and we would've won. By 22 points exactly. 

The Hawks played amazingly in round 3, but couldn't hang on and lost by a point to Carlton who are flying at the moment. They won their first 3 games in a row and really look like they're gonna push for finals (maybe). But the Hawks weren't so great either in round 4, getting smashed by the Saints by 68 points. Was pretty disappointing not gonna lie. And James was frustrated with himself because he didn't have a good game, but I managed to cheer him up and focus on the positives. 

But anyway, we move on to this week I guess! 

Today is also a pretty special day as finally our house has settled! So James and I are officially going to move in today, which I am excited about. 

Marcus and Em are gonna help us out, as it's going to be hard to transfer all of our things to the new house with just the two of us. So they dumped Matteo and Bella at my parent's house before helping us move boxes from their house, to James and I's new house. 

"God Tahls, I didn't know you had this many things." Marcus says as he loads a box into his Mercedes ute. 

"I know..." I say. "It's a lot." 

"You know I can help yeah?" Em says and Marcus shakes his head. 

"Babe, you're pregnant, you shouldn't be lifting heavy things." 

"Oh come on, some of these boxes aren't heavy." She says as she passes one of the lighter boxes to me and I smile. 

"You can pass me the lighter ones." I say and she smiles as she hands me another box. 

"Alright, this is all I can fit in here for now, we'll come back for the rest." Marcus says and I nod watching as Marcus walks around to the drivers side of the car, jumping in and turning the car on. 

"You guys getting in or?" He says and both Em and I laugh as we jump in. 

"Lead the way Tahls." He says and I smile as I tell him the directions on how to get to my new house. 

------------------

"Oh, it's actually not that far." Em says and I chuckle. 

"I told you." I say and Em smiles. 

"We're basically neighbours." 

"I wouldn't say that." Marcus says as he pulls into the driveway where James' car is parked. 

I jump out, running inside to see James starting to unpack his stuff as Dylan, Will and Finn helped him move his, which took all morning. 

"Finally you're here." He says and I smile. 

"We still got a lot more boxes." 

"Fucking hell Tahls, how much shit do you own?" 

"A lot apparently." I say with a laugh and he laughs too.