Chapter 56

I wake up to a lot of noise coming down from the kitchen and my eyes shoot open. 

I look straight at the clock next to me. 

It's 9am. 

I slowly get up, making my way to the bathroom where I splash my face with water, before tying my hair up in a bun. 

I then go to do my business before walking downstairs and seeing James cooking some breakfast. 

I walk up to him, wrapping my arms around him as he fries some bacon up. 

"Morning." I say and he smiles, turning around and wrapping his free arm around me. 

"Good morning." 

"I was a bit disappointed you left me alone in bed." I pout. 

"Aw sorry. I thought I'd surprise you with breakfast." He says turning around and placing his hands on my cheeks. 

"I forgive you." I say and he smiles, leaning in and placing a kiss on my nose. 

"How rude of you to not give me a proper kiss." I pout again and he laughs, leaning in and placing a soft kiss on my lips which makes me smile. 

"Better?" 

"Much better." I say and he smiles as he grabs a couple plates out, placing the bacon and eggs he's cooked there. 

"Well, breakfast is ready." He says and I smile, walking over and taking a seat at the bench with James next to me. 

"So you ready for this game of Laser tag today?" I ask and James nods. 

"Yep, we got our game plan." 

"Oh god, you're taking it that seriously are you?" 

"Uh yeah, we wanna win." He says and I laugh. 

"You guys are hilarious." 

"And who will you be going for hmm?" 

"Whoever wins." I say and he scoffs. 

"No you gotta choose one." 

"I can't choose." 

"Sure you can." 

"No I can't choose between my brother and boyfriend." I say and he smiles. 

"Alright." 

"What time do we have to be there?" 

"11." 

"That's early." 

"Well, it's the only booking that was available." 

"Who the hell does laser tag during the day on a school day?" 

"Lot's of people it seems." He shrugs and I laugh.. 

This is definitely gonna be interesting.... 

-----------------------------------------

The next couple of hours go by pretty quickly, so before we know it we're at Zone bowling, waiting for the rest of the boys to rock up... 

"Are you playing as well Tahls?" Aaron asks and I shake my head. 

"No way, I'll just watch the score go up on the outside." I say and he nods. 

"Fair enough." He shrugs and I smile as finally the rest of the boys have arrived. 

I follow them into the laser tag room, where they all grab their vests and guns before heading in. 

Hawks are the blue team and Dogs are the red team so it'll be interesting to see who wins. 

I watch the clock countdown on the screen, and the game has begun... may the best team win...