Chapter 16

I am woken up by the light snoring of James next to me which makes me smile. 

His arms are still wrapped around me and we are in the same position we fell asleep in, which tells me both of us must've had a very good sleep. 

I can't help but smile, looking at James sleep so peacefully. His long eyelashes nearly touching his cheek, his lips slightly open and his chest moving up and down, in a slow but steady rhythm is soothing. 

I run my fingers through his hair, which was a bad idea as his eyes shoot open and he smiles. 

"Sorry." I say and he chuckles. 

"No it's okay. I know it's tempting." He says with a smirk and I roll my eyes. 

"It's literally 9 o'clock in the morning and you're already cocky." 

"It never goes away." He says with a wink and I roll my eyes. "How was your sleep?" 

"Good. For 10 hours, I forgot what happened." 

"That's good." He says and I smile.

"How was yours?" 

"Amazing. Probably the best nights sleep I've had in years." He says and I raise an eyebrow. 

"Really. Why?" 

"Whenever I go to bed, I struggle to fall asleep straight away. I could be completely knackered from a game or training but still can't fall asleep. My mind just goes crazy and I can't stop thinking about random things." He says and I nod. "But last night, was the first time in a very long time I fell asleep within five minutes." 

"James." I say placing my hands on his face to pull him closer. "I had no idea. Why didn't you tell me this before?" 

"Because it's not a big deal." 

"Of course it's a big deal." I say and he smiles. 

"Me not being able to fall asleep at night is nothing compared to what you went through last night." He says tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear and I nod. 

"If you put it that way, then I guess you're right. But you should still see someone about this problem." 

"I promise you I will, but right now my main concern is you." He says which causes me to smile. 

"We should probably head downstairs, before my brother gets the wrong idea." I say and he nods which surprises me because I thought he'd smirk at me, like he usually does if I say something like that. 

Part of me believes it's because of what happened last night, he doesn't want to trigger anything, which is kind of him, but another part of me wishes he did smirk, cause it's cute.  

I drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom where I splash my face with water and pull my hair up into a bun. 

"I'll meet you down there." I say and he nods. 

I walk out of my room and down the stairs where I find Marcus on the phone, probably talking to Em. 

"Alright, I'll see you later, bye." He says hanging up as I stroll over. 

"Morning." I say turning on the coffee machine that we decided to get fixed the other day and Marcus smiles. 

"Morning, did you sleep alright?" 

"I slept perfectly." I say and Marcus raises an eyebrow. 

"Everything good?" 

"Yes Marcus, everything is fine." I say then I roll my eyes. "We just slept if that's what you're wondering." I add and I hear him laugh.