Chapter 36

"You're hilarious."

"I know." I say as we get into my bedroom. I close the door behind me before I head into my walk-in-robe and change into my pyjama's, while James changes into a pair of trackies he left whilst over ages ago.

I walk out of my closet and smile when I see James already under the covers of my bed and I smile.

"Making the bed warm for me?" I joke and James laughs. 

"Of course." He says as I slide in next to him, resting my head on his chest as he plays with my hair. 

"I can't believe you're mine." He whispers and I smile, looking back up at him, his adorable grin on full display. 

"You're so cute." 

"Cute? I don't think that's the word you used before..." 

"Well, you do look cute." I say and he smiles. 

"Do you know how happy I am right now?" He asks as he pulls me closer to him and I chuckle. 

"By the way you're squeezing me I think I know." I say then I smirk. "See, told you that you are a massive simp." 

"I am, and I'll shout it out to the world that I am a massive simp for you." He says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before leaning in and placing a kiss on the tip of my noes, and I smile, grabbing his face and leaning in, our lips inches apart which makes him smirk. 

"What are you doing Bontempelli?" 

"What I should've done a long time ago." I say pressing my lips to his. Instinctively, I wrap my arms around his neck, before moving one of them up to play with his hair. Fire courses through my body as our kiss intensifies. 

A few seconds later I pull away, taking a breath before James presses his lips to mine again, before pulling away and smiling. 

He doesn't say anything, but instead pulls me to his chest and plays with my hair. 

"I don't know why I was so afraid of you hurting me." I randomly blurt out. 

"Hey." James says picking my face up so that he can look at me. "You had every right to be scared that I was going to hurt you because that's what every guy has done to you." 

"I guess." I say with a sigh. 

"But it doesn't matter now bubs, we're together and that's all that matters okay?" 

"Okay." I say as James continues to stroke my hair until we both drift off to sleep.... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I am awoken by a soft snore next to me. 

I slowly open my eyes and smile, when I see James lying there, still fast asleep, which makes me smile. 

Last night was real. I wasn't dreaming.... 

It. Was. Real. 

I carefully try and untangle my arms without waking him up, but fail badly as his eyes shoot open. 

"Sorry I woke you." I say and he smiles as he lets out a yawn. 

"It's alright, probably time to get up anyway." He says then he frowns. "What even is the time?" 

"No clue." I say leaning over to my phone and pressing on the screen. "It's 9:30." 

"Damn." He says. "I haven't slept in like this in ages." 

"Well, soak it up." I say leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips and he smiles. 

"I will definitely be soaking it up."