Chapter 32

The next morning I am awoken by the sudden commotion of plates and cutlery banging downstairs. 

God. Can Em be any louder unloading the dishwasher? I think as I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom, splashing my face with water. 

The rest of the night went well with James. 

He went home not long after the movie finished, with us having a bit of a chat, before he decided it was best to head home, as it was getting late. 

Not gonna lie, I did go to bed thinking about him. And how good our life would be together. I did do a bit of fantasising, picturing us living in our own house, cuddled up on the couch watching tv, whether it be a movie or a tv show, or something that is playing on normal tv. 

We'd be in each other's company and never be apart. And honestly, my heart aches for that. 

But James did promise me one more date, so I will have to try and not tell James how I'm feeling until the end. 

Truth is, I am falling for him, have been for months now. 

I can't even try to deny it now because my feelings are just so strong for him. If this happened a year ago with James, I would've jumped right into the deep end, and wanted to get into a relationship with him ASAP. 

But, we both said we'd take it slow, so that's what we're doing. 

Actually, I said that he has to take me out on three dates to try and convince me why he's not like Josh, and won't break my heart, but in other words it's taking it slow. 

I walk downstairs and am greeted by Em and Marcus who just smirk at me when I enter the space. 

"Here we go." I say taking a seat at the bench whilst they both walk over to me. 

"So." Marcus says. 

"Did you guys kiss?" Em asks finishing his sentence and I roll my eyes. 

"No, we didn't. What is both of your obsession with James and I making out?" I ask and they both smile. 

"We just want you to be happy Tahls." Em says and Marcus nods. 

"And frankly, this is taking too long, you both like each other, just get together already." 

"Doesn't work like that Marc." I say. 

"It does, you're just paranoid." He says and I nod. 

"True." 

"But come on, surely he's convinced you he's not going to break your heart." Marcus says and I nod. 

"He has, he definitely has. But he promised me three dates, so we will have three dates." I say and they both nod. 

"Alright fine. But don't say that if I didn't walk in something would've happened." He says with a smirk and I stick the finger up at him. 

"Nothing was going to happen. He was just wiping my face, as I explained to you yesterday!" I say and he laughs. 

"Alright alright, just get ready for training, we're leaving in 10." He says and I roll my eyes as I get up and walk back upstairs, chucking on my bulldogs gear, before coming back downstairs and making myself something to eat. 

"So what did he cook you?" Em asks and I smile. 

"A calamari salad." 

"Woah." Em says and Marcus raises an eyebrow. 

"Was it good?" The oldest Bont asks and I nod. 

"It was so fucking good. Best calamari salad I've ever eaten."