Chapter 53

"I'll see you tonight." I say to James, leaning in and kissing him and he smiles. 

"Have fun, I'll be watching." He says and I chuckle as I grab my things and walk out of the house. 

I place my things in the boot, before walking over to the drivers side of my car, getting in and turning the car on. 

I wait a couple of seconds, making sure I have everything before I reverse out of the garage. 

There's not much traffic today, mainly because it is Good Friday so everyone has the day off, and I am going to the game pretty early as I need to help set up. 

Yep, today is the classic Good Friday arvo clash between the Dogs and Kangaroos. 

Every goal kicked tonight goes to the Good Friday appeal, plus whatever else people donate tonight. 

Every Good Friday it is a special day. It's a day to help the Royal Children's hospital to provide world class care to our children. And that in itself just brings a tear to my eye. 

I know all the players involved in this cause feel privileged to be apart of it as it is pretty special to be able to help kids get all the care they need because in reality, they're doing it pretty tough compared to most of us. 

I pull into an empty carpark spot in the underground carpark at Marvel Stadium, putting the car in park before turning it off. 

I grab my phone before jumping out, walking around the the boot to grab my stuff out when I see Marcus and Em pull up next to me. 

"Glad to see you not late." Em jokes and I roll my eyes. 

"I'm never gonna live that down am I?" I say as I close the boot. 

"Nope." She says and I sigh, as I walk over to them and help them carry some things into the rooms. 

"You gonna kick a goal tonight?" I ask my brother and he nods. 

"I'd like to, knowing that every goal goes to the appeal." 

"Good." I say just as two woman approach us with the tin can people can put donations in. 

I stop and grab my purse out, putting all of the coins I have in my purse into the tin and the lady smiles, thanking me. 

Marcus and Em do the same, before we scan our passes, and are let into the rooms.

Marcus goes off straight away to talk to the couches and other staff members that work for the club whilst, Em and I get to work. 

"Alright so what are we doing first?" 

"We should prepare the Gatorade" She says and I nod. 

"You can do that, I'll go to the baths." I say and she nods. 

"Great thinking, Marcus will kill me if he saw me doing the baths considering I'm pregnant." 

"Yeah I know, that's why I offered to do them." I say walking into the room that's basically like a bathroom except it has about four baths in them. 

They're not your typical kind of baths you would find in a proper bathroom, they're deeper, and are shaped more like a spa. 

I put all the plugs in them, before turning the water on letting it fill up. 

It's not the hardest job in the world but it can easily overflow. 

Once that's done I walk out and help Em with filling the bottles up. 

It used to be we'd carry four bottles on one tray and the players would share them, now we have to have 22 bottles as COVID has made us realise that it's pretty unhygienic to share from the one bottle.