Chapter 31

It's Friday night, and it's mine and James' second date. 

The thing is, our second date isn't your typical kind of second date, where the guy has to try and outdo what he did on the first date. 

Our second date, is James coming over and us having a cooking competition as James claims he's a better cook then me. Which is probably true, I can't deny that, but I will not take this competition lightly as I wanna beat his smug ass. 

So. Like I said, not your typical kind of second date.

But the whole out to dinner thing is kind of cliché anyway. 

Besides, James and I have gone out to dinner many times. So it really doesn't bother me what we do, as long as we both know it's a date. 

There's no need for fancy dresses tonight, so I just chuck on some echt leggings, and a crop top. 

Hm, we'll see how you like that Worpel... I think as I walk downstairs and plonk myself on the couch, waiting for him to arrive. 

Marcus and Em are upstairs watching a movie in the theatre room, and they have promised to not crash our date. Which I am a bit skeptical about because Marcus ALWAYS has to know what's going on. He's a bit of a sticky beak, so I wouldn't be surprised if I see him down here "getting water" or snacks or something, just to keep an eye on what we're doing. The shifty bastard... 

Not long later the doorbell rings, and I smile to myself, getting up off of the couch and walking over to the front door and pulling it open. 

"Hey gorgeous." James says with that adorable smile of his, which makes me melt. 

He is wearing grey nike tracksuit bottoms with a black jumper and white runners. He really knows my weakness is this whole outfit. 

"Hey." I say, moving aside so he can come in. I close the door before I face him with a smile. 

"I brought you something." He says and I frown, before noticing he's brought me a bouquet of flowers and I look at him, shaking my head as he hands it to me. 

"You didn't have to get me flowers." I say looking back up at him and he chuckles. 

"It's the least I could do." He says and I smile, throwing myself at him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He does the same thing, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. 

We pull away from our hug and walk through the hallway and to the couch where we both take a seat. 

"So, what are we going to make tonight chef Worpel?" I ask. "Cause I'm hungry." I add and he chuckles, shaking his head. 

"Whatever you want to make." He says and I nod. 

"Hmm." I say thinking about all the possible foods we could make. 

"I don't know, you pick." I say and James chuckles. 

"Alright, how about you choose a dessert to make, and I'll do the main meal." 

"Sounds good to me." I say getting up from the couch and pulling him with me. 

"What would you like me to make?" James asks once we're in the kitchen and I chuckle. 

"Make your specialty, like something you enjoy cooking a lot." I say and he nods. 

"Okay." He says, in deep thought. "How about something that's healthy and will fill you up." 

"That would be ideal." I say and he chuckles. 

"Something like a calamari salad." 

"That sounds delicious." I say and he smiles.