Chapter 77

The next day... 

I am still dwelling on the conversation I had with Josh yesterday. It's really made me overthink, and think about the what if's. I know I shouldn't do that because I'm literally engaged, but all of this shit has happened over one stupid decision he made. 

Not that I regret anything that happened, and I definitely don't regret being with James. But it's just annoying how one stupid decision changed everything. 

Maybe it happened for the better. 

I am sitting on the couch, deep in thought when James comes home from training. He's smiling, and I smile back at him. 

"Hey gorgeous." He says walking over to me and leaning in to place a kiss on my lips and I smile. 

"Hey handsome." I say 

"Handsome? That's a new one." 

"Well, it's a bit hard to come up with words to describe how good looking a guy is." 

"I guess so. Well, I love when you call me gorgeous." 

"I would've used it, but you know I don't like copying." 

"I know that very well." He says sitting down next to me and exhaling. 

"How was training?" 

"Good. Mitchell worked us hard today." 

"As he should." I say looking him up and down. "I can see the muscles a popping, did you boys have a gym sesh?" 

"Of course. It was part of our program today." 

"Cools. Did you guys do like a circuit?" 

"Something like that." 

"Love those!" I say and he chuckles. 

We then sit there in silence for a bit. Not awkward silence but I direct my attention to the Tv, where my thoughts about Josh come back and all the what if's. 

James pulls me into his arms, and plays with my hair, but I hardly notice as my mind is going round and round in circles. 

"Hey. Is everything okay?" James asks and I snap out of my daydream and nod. 

"Yeah of course it is." 

"You sure? You seem deep in thought." 

"I'm sure." I say looking at him and smiling and he frowns. 

"Tahls. I know very well when something is bothering you. So come on tell me, you know I am the last person to judge you." 

"Okay fine." I say giving in. "But just don't get mad." 

"As long as you didn't cheat there's nothing for me to get mad about... unless you did cheat." 

"Really?" I say. "You think that low of me?" 

"No!" He says. "Definitely not." 

"Good." I say and he smiles. 

"Tell me what's bothering you bubs." He says and I sigh. 

"So yesterday at work, I was just sitting in my office doing work, when Josh comes in." 

"Which Josh?" 

"Dunkley." I say and James nods, I can see his jaw clench at the mention of his name. 

"What did he want?" James asks sweetly. 

"Well, he basically spoke about how we're engaged." I start to explain. "And now he's regretting his choices." 

"Of what being with Tippah?"