Chapter 14

*Just a disclaimer this chapter might be a bit distressing for some, so please if it affects you in any way feel free to skip the details x 

Christmas and New Years fly by in a blink of an eye and honestly, it came too fast for me to even remember what I did. 

Christmas Day we went to my parent's for dinner as Em's parent's hosted lunch, same as Harry's parents, so my parents decided to do dinner so that everyone could come. 

We obviously did that huge family event where all the cousins are there, and it was a decent catch up to say the least. 

Daniel and I went out on a date in the days in between Christmas and New Years and to be fair, James was wrong about him, Daniel is actually a very nice person and it seems like he genuinely cares for me. 

He is a bit full on sometimes but he is so much fun to be around. We've been seeing each other for around about a month now and surprisingly I haven't caught any feelings yet, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. 

Anyways, New Years Thomas obviously threw another one of his party's, which I obviously attended since I had no where else to go and obviously Ariana was going so I went. 

Maya and Liam are still together and they're going pretty strong, which I am happy about. It gives me hope that maybe one day I will find my happiness. 

Today is the 9th of January and I invited Daniel over to my house since Marcus and Em aren't going to be home. They obviously know I have been seeing Daniel as I did tell them and they're happy that I have gotten back out into the dating word. 

Marcus is out at a club anyway, celebrating Josh's birthday. I did send him a happy birthday text, as normal friends would, and his response was so sweet it melted my heart. 

It's hard not to envy Tippah and Josh's relationship because they're literally perfect together, but I know that'll be me soon. Maybe even with Daniel. But it's too early to tell. 

I told Daniel to come around at around 7pm. It's currently 6pm, so I decide I should get ready. 

It's a warm night, so I chuck on a floral dress that I bought the other day. I am so in love with the dress and how it perfectly sits on my body, it's like it was made specifically for me. 

I then walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, before grabbing some mascara and coating my eyelashes with some. I quickly run the straightener through my hair, then walk downstairs and take a seat on the couch. 

The next half an hour consists of me constantly checking the time and waiting for the doorbell to ring, so when it finally does, I jump up and practically run to the door. 

I yank the door open to reveal Daniel standing there, smiling with a bouquet of roses which makes me smile. 

"Hey." I say as he takes a step forward and places a kiss on my lips. 

"Hey gorgeous." He says and I smile, moving aside so he can come in. 

I close the door and walk with him through to the lounge room where we both take a seat on the couch. Daniel straight away wraps his arm around me, pulling him into my chest where I get a whiff of alcohol which causes me to look up at him. 

"Have you been drinking?" 

"I only had a couple before I came babe, no big deal." He says and I nod, leaning forward and pouring two glasses of wine before handing one to Daniel, and grabbing the other one for myself. 

"Did I mention how beautiful you look tonight?" Daniel asks and I sigh. 

"Stop with this, seriously." I say with a smile, and he smiles.