Chapter 25

James' POV: 

It's been a couple of days since I sent Tahlia a text message about my day, and she still hasn't responded. 

I figured I'd double text her to remind her as she might've had heaps of school work to do, but something just feels off. 

I am sitting on the couch, scrolling through our messages, wondering if I did something wrong. 

It seems like everything changed after we kissed. 

Before that, it was fine. 

Did I make a mistake by kissing her? 

But she kissed me back. 

That's what I don't understand. She kissed me back and from that moment on, I knew she liked me, or felt the same way about me, that I do about her. 

But maybe I'm wrong? 

I just don't understand what I did wrong.... I thought that making a move on her would help speed things up between us, not go the complete opposite. 

Did I fuck things up?" 

I continue to scroll through our messages, when Finn sits down on the couch next to me. 

"Still wracking your brain about Tahlia?" He asks and I sigh. 

"Yep." I say and Finn shakes his head. 

"You need to stop stressing man, the girl probably has been busy and has forgotten to respond." 

"No. Tahlia never 'forgets' to respond." I say and Finn nods, then sighs. 

"Look, I don't know what I could tell you to do, but worst comes to worst you can just go to her house." 

"And what? Rock up unexpectedly?" 

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?" 

"Finn, you don't just rock up to someone's house without asking." 

"Well, if it's the only way you're gonna see her... That's what I would do anyway." 

"You and me are two different people Finn." I say and he laughs. 

"Hey you never know, this could work." 

"That will be my last resort." 

"So what are you going to do? Text her again?" 

"Yeah." 

"It's not going to work if you just keep on texting her. If you show up at her house, she has to explain herself. On text she can choose to ignore it." 

"I guess." 

"Worps, no matter how many times you text her, she won't respond." 

"It's 10 o'clock in the morning..." 

"Keep making excuses. But I'm just saying waiting around all day isn't going to work." 

"Like I said, it's 10 o'clock in the morning, she's probably not even up." 

"Alright fine, I'll let you be. But if it comes to the last resort, you better thank me if it works." 

"Sure." I say as I pick my phone up and scroll through instagram, to see if maybe Tahlia's posted something on her story, to give me an indication that she's not home. 

Usually, when she goes out to a nice place, she posts about it. But today there's nothing, so I assume she's home. 

I decide to get up and make myself something to eat, as I didn't realise how hungry I am. 

I pour some Weet-Bix into a bowl, before pouring some milk over the top and letting the weet-bix soak in the milk. 

I then take it over to the couch and begin to eat, before diverting my eyes to the tv where the news is on. 

I normally don't listen to the news, but I know Finn likes to listen to it, so I don't bother arguing with him, and just pretend like I'm interested that there's been a crash on the M80 this morning. 

But like I said, I just sit there and listen....

The next couple of hours go by pretty slowly. 

Maybe it's because I'm constantly looking at my phone, waiting for her to reply. 

But as usual, there's no response. 

I still don't understand why she isn't responding 

Finn even came up with a theory that her phone broke and she had to get a new number. 

I doubt that's true, she would've told me if that's the case. 

So, I do what I originally didn't want to do. 

I get up off the couch that I've been sitting on for the past 5 hours, walk over to the bench where my car keys stay, grabbing them before heading out the front door and jumping into my car. 

I start the engine and back out of the driveway, starting the drive to the Bontempelli residence...

------------------------ 

I shouldn't have left at this time. 

The traffic is terrible. 

It's bumper to bumper. 

Good one.. I say to myself as the traffic light turns green and I make sure to get passed these lights. 

It was these bloody lights that were causing the traffic. They were closing way too fast, and traffic just continued to build up. 

Finally, I get to the Bontempelli residence, parking on the nature strip before turning my car off. I unbuckle my belt, not getting out of the car straight away. I take a deep breath, before forcing myself out of the car. 

I will admit, I am a bit nervous. 

Don't ask me why, or how, I just am. 

Maybe it's because I expect Tahlia to slam the door in my face, given the fact that she's ignoring me. 

I shake the negative thoughts out of my head as I walk up to the front door, taking another deep breath before I ring the door bell. 

I hear footsteps approaching before the door opens. 

"Hey Worps, what's up?".... 

***

A bit of a shorter chapter but trust me it will be worth it haha 

Next few chapters should be interesting 👀

Remember to vote and comment 

Don't kill me for leaving it on a cliff hanger HAHAHA

There will most likely be another update tomorrow so keep an eye out for that!!!