Chapter 64

James' POV:

"TAHLIA." I yell as I run over to the ambulance to see blood all over her, I am about to ask the paramedics if I can go with them but they push me away and shut the doors, before they speed off to the nearest hospital.

I run back over to the others bursting into tears.

"She's been stabbed." I say in between sobs and they all gasp in shock.

"No." Baz says.

"Shit." Naughts says.

"She'll be alright... right?" Em says and I shrug.

"I don't know, but we need to find where they're taking her and fast."

"They're taking her to the Royal Women's." A cop says. "She'll have emergency surgery there to stop the bleeding."

"Thanks." I say as we all run to our cars, getting in and speeding away to the hospital.

My mind was racing, the whole drive to the hospital, anticipating whether she is going to be okay. I pray to god her wounds aren't bad.

I have a million questions in my mind that I want answered. I just need to know if she's okay, because I couldn't bare to lose her, not again. I lost her once, and I am definitely not going to let it happen again.

"Fucking hell, of course there's fucking traffic." I yell as I try to weave in and out of cars, but I end up getting stuck behind some person that clearly shouldn't have got their license as they do not know how to drive.

A 15 minute drive, turned into a 25 minute drive so when the 5 of us run into the emergency department we're in distress.

We run straight to the desk where Bont asks about whether Tahlia has been emitted here or not, and thankfully she has. She just got out of emergency surgery where she had to get stitches to stop the bleeding from happening.

"Because she just got out of surgery I suggest you go one at a time, or two at a time to see her, just so that it's not overwhelming for her." The receptionist says and we all nod.

"You go in and see her first." Bont says. "She'd want you by her side." He says and I smile, pulling him into a hug.

"Thanks mate." I say before walking down to her room, where she will spend the next couple of days recovering in.

Thankfully, she has her own room which is good, as it would be a bit awkward with her having to share a room.

I knock on her door and hear a faint. "Come in."

But it's not by Tahlia, it's from a different person. A doctor I assume.

I walk in, shutting the door behind me as I slowly approach Tahls who is lying in the hospital bed listening to the doctor talk about how her surgery went well, but she'd have to stay in hospital for a couple more days just so that they can monitor her.

"Thank you." She says as the doctor leaves the room and her attention is on me, and only me.

I run over to her side, placing a kiss on her lips before kissing her forehead.

"I am just so glad you're alive." I say tears falling down my cheeks and she smiles, reaching up to wipe my eyes.

"James, the wounds weren't deep enough to kill me, that's the first thing the ambo's told me." She says and I sigh a huge sigh of relief.

"Still, I didn't know what to expect walking in here. How are you holding up?"

"I will say, it's going to be hard for me to go back to work, especially with this that's just happened, but I'll get through it, like I got through everything else in my life." She says with a smile, but her smile doesn't reach her eyes. She is trying to be strong, but I know she is scared, and worried. I can see the pain in her eyes.