Chapter 18

The next morning, I am awoken by my alarm, blaring through the room. I get up and walk over to my dresser, where my phone is on charge, turning the alarm off and sighing to myself.

"God I hate getting up early." I say as I stumble to the bathroom.

Once I'm in the bathroom I look at myself in the mirror, and sigh at the fact I need to wash my hair, but I know I'm going to be doing a lot of running around today, and it's going to be hot, meaning there's a massive chance I will sweat.

I grab the hair tie that's sitting on the basin, tying my hair into a messy bun, before spraying some deodorant and leaving the bathroom.

I walk downstairs where Marcus is running around like a headless chook getting himself ready.

"Morning, you're in a bit of a rush." I say taking a seat at the bench and Marcus sighs.

"Bevo wants me down at the club half and hour earlier so that we can have a chat." He says and I nod, then I frown.

"Oh, why's that?"

"No idea, I think it'll be like about the season and what potentially could happen or some shit."

"Oh right." I say and Marcus sighs, walking upstairs as Em walks down.

"I guess we better hurry up and get to the club." She says and I nod, getting up and grabbing a smoothie from the fridge just as Marcus comes back down the stairs with his bags.

"You guys ready?"

"Yep." I say taking a sip and Marcus nods, grabbing his car keys and we run out to the car, getting in and making the short drive to the Whitten Oval..

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, I'll see you guys after training." Marcus says once he's parked the car in the carpark and both Em and I nod.

We all get out of the car and walk into the club before we part ways with each other.

I am standing at the desk talking to one of the ladies there about my position at the club, as they would like me to work more days during the holidays when I see Aaron and I smile.

"Morning." I say

"Morning." He says pulling me into a hug and I smile.

"Thanks for that Sandra, I'll see you around." I say and she smiles at me.

Aaron and I walk over and take a seat at Barker's cafe, or well, Aaron makes me sit down.

"I actually wanted to talk to you, before Baz got here."

"Okay, but how was WA?"

"It was good, but that's not important."

"What do you mean? Of course it's important. What could be more important then you going back home?"

"Worps told me what happened."

"Oh." I say looking down at the table and Aaron grabs my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I am so sorry Tahls." He says and I smile at him.

"It's okay." I say and Aaron nods. "I'm just glad James stopped it, because it could've been worse."

"Yep it could've, but either way what Daniel did doesn't make it right."

"Of course it doesn't." I say and Aaron sighs.

"I just can't believe someone could do that to someone."

"I know." I say just as a familiar voice butts into our conversation...