Chapter 10

The rest of the week flies by in a blink of an eye and before I know it, it's already Saturday. I am pretty surprised with how fast the week has gone as usually the last couple of weeks of school drag because everyone is tired and just wants to go on holidays, but I guess I have been enjoying teaching, so as the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun.

Today though is not going to be that fun.

Fishing with Aaron.

Why the fuck did I agree to this?

It's 5:30am and I am up, getting ready to go fucking fishing, FISHING. Who would've thought? Tahlia going on a boat to catch fish... something no one would expect.

But I felt bad saying no, so I had to go. I'm mainly going just to spend time with Aaron as we've both been pretty busy lately and haven't gotten much time to catch up. Especially with the boys back at training.

I quietly go downstairs, turning the light on and making myself something to eat. I decide to make some toast with butter and Vegemite, as I really can't be bothered making a fancy meal, especially this early in the morning.

I am about to doze off when the toast pops up and scares me. I grab the toast out, placing both pieces on a plate before grabbing a butter knife and spreading just the right amount of butter, and Vegemite. 

I quickly eat the two pieces, before I put my plate in the dishwasher and head back upstairs to brush my teeth.

I am just about done when I get a message from Aaron, telling me that he is here. I grab my things and head downstairs, before heading out the front door, making sure to lock it behind me.

I walk to Aaron's car, opening the door and getting in.

"Good morning." I say putting my seat belt on and Aaron smiles, putting the car in reverse and backing out of the driveway, before turning down the street and starting the journey to the beach.

"Morning, I'm surprised you were ready." He teases and I roll my eyes.

"I do know how to get ready on time yeah?"

"Oh I know you do, but it's literally 5:50am."

"Well you said 6am, but I knew you'd be here earlier." I say and he laughs.

"You know me too well."

"I'd be quite concerned if I didn't."

"That's very true." He says and I smile at him.

Not long later we finally arrive at the beach. Aaron parks near a boat ramp so that we can access his boat. We both get out of the car and walk along the footpath before heading to the doc where his boat is parked.

"Ah there she is." He says and I chuckle.

"So what you just leave it here?" I ask and he nods.

"Yep." He says and I nod.

"What happens if someone steals it?"

"They can't steal it, they don't have the key."

"Right." I say as we stop at the boat. Aaron jumps in first before grabbing my hand and helping me onto the boat.

"Surprised I didn't stack it." I say once I'm standing in the boat and Aaron laughs.

"You would've if I didn't help you."

"Agreed." I say and he smiles, guiding me to the seats, before he starts the engine and we take off into the ocean.

The sun has risen and the view is gorgeous, so I take out my phone and snap a few pics, before I continue enjoying the scenery.