Chapter 28

You know how I said that I would finish my work off that I left from yesterday today? Well, that didn't end up happening because plans have changed.

I am now going shopping with Ariana, so that I can buy a dress for Friday Night, my date with James.

I was just going to wear something from my wardrobe, a dress I've already worn to a wedding or christening, but Ariana insisted that we buy something new.

So I had to take up that offer, besides, I'll be a good opportunity for me to get out of the house.

I get up out of bed and decide to get ready because I know Ariana loves going shopping early.

Besides, we're only going highpoint, so it's not like it's gonna take us long to get there. Literally around the corner.

I chuck on a pair of jeans and a jumper before heading downstairs where Marcus is making a coffee.

"Morning." I say sliding into a stool at the bench and Marcus smiles.

"Morning." He says then he smirks. "Have a good time with Worpel last night?"

"I did. But not in the way you're thinking."

"Gee, how dirty do you think my mind is?"

"Very dirty." I say and he laughs.

"You're wrong."

"I can just go and ask Em about that."

"Go ahead, she'll say the same thing as I'm saying now."

"Sure sure." I say and he chuckles, sliding over a cup of coffee, and I thank him.

"So what did you two discuss?" Marcus asks and I sigh.

"I told him why I was ignoring him, and he was so understanding, which was a relief, but sort of pissed me off as well, as he should be mad at me for ignoring him."

"Maybe if you didn't have a reason, but you did. He understands what you've gone through Tahls, so of course he's not gonna be mad at you."

"I know. It's just that I sometimes think he is too good for me."

"Don't think that." Marcus says shaking his head. "These negative thoughts is the reason you're not with him."

"No, it's cause I'm not ready?"

"You sure?

"Yes Marcus."

"Okay, only asking. So what did you two come up with then?"

"He's gonna take me on a couple of dates. First one is this Friday."

"Good." Marcus says and I smile as I finish my coffee and head back upstairs to brush my teeth.

I don't really feel like eating anything for breakfast, so if I get a bit peckish later I'll just grab some donuts from Daniels donuts or something.

I quickly brush my teeth before heading downstairs, just in time to hear a car beep outside.

"I'll see you later." I say and Marcus nods.

"Have fun." He says and I smile, as I grab my bag and walk out the front door.

"You ready to look hot on Friday?" Ariana says when I open the door and jump in.

"OH so it's no longer a hi how are you?"

"Hi, how are you's are overrated."

"Right." I say as I put my seatbelt on and she backs out of the driveway.