Chapter 73

The next week flies past and before we know it, Christmas comes, then goes just as fast as it came. 

We had lunch at James' parent's house, then had dinner at my parent's house. It was good seeing everyone again, all gathered around the table, plates loaded, everyone laughing and catching up on what's been missed since we all last saw each other. 

James' family have become my family now, especially since we're engaged, I will be changing my last name to Worpel, unless he wants to change his name to Bontempelli, but I don't see that happening. 

Today though, is New Years Eve, and James and I are hosting a New Years Eve party since no-one else wanted to host, and everyone was stubborn when we suggested places to go out. 

Marcus and Em wouldn't have been able to come out as they would've had to dump their kids somewhere, this way if it was at someone's house, the kids could just play then crash on the couch when they're tired. Which is fair enough. Besides, Em literally has 3 month old babies to look after too. I doubt she'd want to lug the twins around. 

James and I have finally finished setting up everything and can now relax. We're ordering Pizza's for dinner so that's pretty stress free. It's going to be delivered at around 7:30, 8pm. James being the genius he is, suggested that we ordered it now and gave them a specific time to deliver it. The pizza place near us was very happy to do that, which is good. 

"And now, we wait." James says and I chuckle as I take a seat down next to him, sighing as I am exhausted from all the work I've done in the past couple of days.

"Yep." I say. "The cleaning that I've done in these past couple of days has really gotten to me." 

"I can tell. How about we have a nap?" He suggests, grabbing me and pulling me so that my head is on his chest. 

"Sounds like a great plan." I say closing my eyes as he plays with my hair. 

Within a few minutes, I feel myself drifting off to sleep... 

James' POV: 

I look down at my gorgeous fiancé and smile. The poor girl was so exhausted. She completely tore the house to shreds these past couple of days, that's how much she was cleaning it. Making sure everything was spotless so that tonight can be perfect. All for it to become a complete mess in about 5 or 6 hours time. 

I did help her, but she was determined to do most of it on her own. I think she was trying to prove a point to her mother that she could give the house a good clean, but in doing so, she overworked herself. Hopefully this nap helps her, so that she can stay up until midnight, as I want to share this special moment with her. 

Tahls is fast asleep. Her head still lying on my chest. I need to get up to go and double check the backyard, but I know that if I move I'll wake her. 

I sit there for a couple more minutes, wondering whether I could get up without waking her. 

I decide to try it. I slowly, place my hand underneath her head, lifting it slightly, before slowly getting up, and placing a pillow in place. I gently lower her head onto the pillow, and she takes in a breath, which startles me, before breathing out, her eyes still closed. I sigh a huge sigh of relief. 

I tip toe around the house, and out the sliding door, where I head outside. 

I walk around the decking and inspect everything, making sure it's all perfect, before heading back inside. 

When I walk back over to the couch, Tahls is awake, she sits up, looking at me and frowns. 

"I got scared that you left me." She says and I walk over to her, cupping her face in my hands.