Chapter 52

"Ahh she decided to rock up." Baz says as he walks over to me and pulls me into a hug and I roll my eyes. 

"Sorry, I slept in a bit too long." 

"Didn't Worps wake ya up?" 

"He was sleeping too." I say and Baz laughs as we join the rest of the boys. "Is Em in her office?" 

"Yep, she was just talking to Brucey about his recovery." 

"Damn I missed that, how long off did she say he'd be?" 

"Don't know, a few more months I think." Baz shrugs and I nod as I say hello to the rest of the boys. 

"How was the first sleep in the new house?" Marcus asks and I smile. 

"Very good. I still can't believe that it's our house." 

"It's like that for a couple of weeks." Marcus says and I smile. 

"You miss me yet?" I joke and he nods. 

"I actually have. I walked into your bedroom this morning expecting to see you lying in bed but then I remembered you moved out." He says and I smile. 

"Aw stop Marcus." I say pulling him into a hug and he smiles. 

"I just can't believe my little sis has grown up." 

"Well, you better believe it." I say with a smile before Em calls me into the office. 

"You were late today missy." 

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry. I slept in." 

"It's alright, just don't let it happen again, I need you here." 

"Do you really though?" 

"Yes, yes I do." She says and I laugh. 

"Sure sure." I say and she smiles. 

"Marcus doesn't know what to do with himself now that you've moved out." 

"What really? Why?" 

"No idea. Every time he walks past your room he just stops and looks." 

"I feel guilty for leaving him so quickly but I've lived with him all my life, I need to start a new chapter." 

"I know. I guess he's just not used to it yet. Even Matteo keeps asking when you'll come over." 

"I will soon." I say and Em smiles 

"Just got a text, they need you out there for training today." 

"Oh do they?" 

"Yep." 

"Alright, give me a yell if you need my opinion on anything." I say and she nods, taking a seat back on her chair whilst I make my way out to the oval where the boys have begun their training. 

"So heard you and Worps moved in together." Ads says as I do some handball drills with him and I chuckle. 

"How fast does word get around here?" 

"Your brother told me." He shrugs and I nod. 

"Fair enough, but yeah we moved in together." 

"That's great Tahls. Very happy for you." 

"Thanks Adam." I say and he smiles. 

"I remember when Kimmy and I first moved in together, it was amazing." 

"It sure would've been! But it would be hard with not seeing her or Georgie as much as you'd like either." 

"Yeah it does have it's challenges, but we're making it work. I was all for her perusing her dream of netball. It would've been a bit unfair if I could live out my dream and she couldn't do hers."