Chapter 5

The next morning I wake up smiling, remembering the conversation I had last night with James. I am excited that I will be seeing him on Friday but apart of me thinks that maybe we're rushing into it. But then again we're just catching up, it doesn't mean we're going to hook up or anything.

Just two mates catching up is all Friday night, or should I say tomorrow night is, which I am fine with. As I have made it clear I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship again, having trust issues is not something I can just get rid of, it'll take time.

I jump out of bed realising the time is 7:30. I have to be down at the club by 8. On Thursday's I work an all day shift at the club with Em, helping her with the things she needs done whilst she is speaking to the players and giving them their rehab plans and advice on how to cope with their injury.

I just do the running around for her, printing stuff off, helping the players with their rehab plan and explaining it further if they are confused as to why they need to do a specific exercise or task Em has set.

Yes I am basically her assistant but I actually like the job because Em does ask me for my opinion on certain things.

I quickly get dressed chucking my bulldogs hoodie on with some leggings and heading downstairs where Em is already up making us both a coffee.

"Morning." I say and she smiles, looking over at me.

"Morning, slept in huh?"

"You could say that." I say unable to hide my smile and she frowns.

"Is there something wrong? You're never happy in the mornings."

"No there's nothing wrong, I'm just happy." I say as she hands me the cup of coffee and I take a sip of it, enjoying the bitter but sweet flavour of the hot drink.

"Well I'm glad you're happy, but seriously what's going on." She says and I just smile. "Hang on, it's something to do with Worpel isn't it?"

"Uh no." I say unable to hide the smile.

"Shut up it is."

"It's not."

"It is, why else would you be smiling this early in the morning."

"Alright fine, maybe it is."

"Spill." She says and I sigh.

"We were texting last night and I'm going over to his house tomorrow night for a catch up."

"Really?" She says and I nod.

"Yep."

"That is awesome! It's about time you two reconnected."

"Gotta agree I have missed him."

"I'm sure you would've."

"I just don't know whether I'm ready you know."

"Well, just spend time with him and see how it goes and whether you can trust him." Em says and I nod, then smile.

"Thank you." I say and she smiles.

"No worries Tahlia. I am always here for you. I know your brother has good advice to give but he sometimes just doesn't say the right things."

"I know he means well though." I say quickly finishing my coffee before heading upstairs and fixing my hair as well as brushing my teeth before Em and I make our way to the Whitten Oval.

"Morning guys." I say to the ladies at the desk as we walk through the entrance and they both smile at us, as they are both on the phones talking to fans about memberships or whatever issues they may have.