Chapter 44

^^ It's that damn smile🥺

I am awake pretty early the next morning as I have to be down at the club at 9am. 

It's nearly 8am and I can't bring myself to leave the comfort of this bed. And the man that's just began to wake up next to me. 

"About time you woke up." I say and he smiles, turning over to look at me with one eye open and the other one closed. 

"Can you stop with that smile, it's gonna be the cause of death on my death certificate." I say which makes him laugh. 

"Sorry not sorry." He says lifting himself up and pressing a kiss to my lips which makes me smile. 

He then lies back down, resting his head on my lap and I play with his hair, that is starting to grow out. 

"Did you enjoy last night?" He asks looking up at me and I nod. 

"I did, you're family was so welcoming and I really appreciate it. I'm also glad that they all love me." 

"Of course they were gonna love you. Who could not love you?" 

"I guess you're right." I say and he smiles. "Although, the story about when you had your first kiss that Thomas told was pretty funny." 

"You're not gonna shut up about that are you?" 

"Nope, I'm not. It's just adorable." I say and he blushes. 

"Don't get embarrassed, it's cute." 

"I'm not embarrassed." 

"You sure are." I say teasing him and he sighs. 

"Hey at least I wasn't in my twenties when I had my first kiss." 

"Exactly." I say and he smiles. 

Basically, Thomas told the story of James' first kiss. It happened in year 7 after school at the local park. James had a crush on this girl for ages, so his friends were gonna try and set them up at the park so they got James' brothers there to help them out, to help give James a bit of a push. 

They met at the park and everyone hid, so the girl didn't know that basically half of the year level was was watching this moment, including Thomas. 

Apparently they talked a bit before she asked whether he was going to kiss her so James went in for the kiss, not realising that she just got braces. Their braces got stuck together and they couldn't move apart, it was to the point they had to get Thomas to try and help pull them apart. 

 It was the talk of the school for a couple of months and the girl didn't talk to James ever again until they met at a party a couple of months later and he kissed her again, this time their braces didn't get stuck together. 

"I was just an innocent kid back in the day." 

"Innocent? You? I reckon you weren't that innocent." 

"Not having your first kiss till you're in your 20's, pretty innocent to me." 

"Maybe cause you were too blindsided by school to even give guys a chance." 

"You're probably right. Or I was too dumb back then and had no idea whether a guy was flirting or being nice. Besides, it doesn't matter now, I still managed to get into a couple of relationships." 

"Exactly." He says and I smile, picking my phone up and looking at the time. 

"Shit, I've gotta be at the club at 9." 

"Alright let's get ready, I'll take you there." 

"Are you sure? I feel like you never spend time with the boys."