Chapter 19

Saturday.

Everyone loves Saturdays.

There's just something about the day itself that brings joy to everyone.

Maybe it's because it's the first day of the weekend and you can finally have a break from everything.

That's what I'd usually do on a Saturday, but today is a very special day.

It is James' birthday.

I have been waiting all week for this day to come, as I am excited to see his reaction to his gift, and the places I'm taking him.

I know he'll love it. I asked Finn give me his opinion on the places where I'm taking him, and he gave me the tick of approval, and said that he'd love it. 

7:30 couldn't come faster....

I pick up my phone off of my bedside table and decide to give James a FaceTime call. I press on his name and let the phone ring. He picks up within a few seconds...

"Morning." He says and I smile as I look at the gorgeous sight in front of me. He is still in bed, covered by the sheets, although you can see he is shirtless as the sheet doesn't cover the top half of his body.

"Happy Birthday, to you." I start to sing and he laughs as I continue to sing.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to James, happy birthday to you."

"Hip hip, hooray." He says and we both laugh.

"Thank you." He says with a massive smile on his face, which makes me melt.

"You're very welcome."

"It's not a big deal, just turned 23."

"Aw how cute, 23." I say and he smiles, but rolls his eyes.

"Hey just cause your older than me, doesn't mean you're wiser."

"That could be true, but I am the teacher here."

"True." He says and we both smile. "There's a reason I play sport for a living." He adds and I laugh. 

"Not everyone can be book smart." 

"Exactly." He says and I smile. 

"You excited for tonight?" I ask and he nods.

"Very exited, I have no idea what to expect from you Bontempelli."

"Well, let me just say that you will love it."

"I'm sure I will. But don't tell me you got me a present."

"Maybe, maybe not." I say as I look over to the wrapped up box of footy boots that is sitting on my desk. Finn told me he's wanted these boots for ages, but if I'm being honest, James can be a bit of a tight ass with these things, so he hasn't bought them yet.. (Finn's words not mine)... But either way he is going to love it! 

"Tahls." He says and I smile.

"What?"

"Going out was enough, you didn't have to get me anything."

"First of all, I wanted to, second of all, gotta set the expectations high Worpel."

"Well I guess for your birthday I have to one up ya."

"Sure do." I say and we both chuckle. "Anyway, go enjoy the day with your family, and I'll see you at 7:30 sharp!"

"Yes boss." He says and I smile as we both exchange goodbye's and hang up...

A few hours later...

Time dragged. Like really dragged. It felt like an eternity waiting for 7:30pm, and I mean it. I found myself constantly looking at my phone, waiting for the time to get ready. And finally, when that time came, I couldn't be more excited to get ready!