Chapter 59

The next couple of days go by pretty fast as I spent all of Sunday at Marcus and Em's house, purely because James had to fly to Tassie Sunday morning as they're playing today. 

I definitely have been kept busy, entertaining Matteo and Bella but they have also been very good in keeping themselves entertained when I need a break. 

But anyway, today is Anzac day and Marcus is having a couple of the boys over to watch the Pies, Bombers game that starts at 3:20pm. 

Hawks and Swans game starts at roughly 12pm, so I head over to my brothers house at around 11. 

"Heyyyyy." I say to my brother as he opens the door and he smiles, pulling me in for a hug and placing a kiss on the top of my head. 

"Morning Tahls." He says before closing the door and we both stand there smiling at each other. 

"Were you alright last night?" 

"Yeah I was fine. I did get a bit scared though when I was going to bed, but it was my mind playing games with me." I say and he chuckles. 

"You know you could've stayed here, Matteo was begging to sleep over at his Nonna's house so Em dropped him and Bella off there last night." 

"That's adorable." 

"Yeah I know. It was nice and quiet that's for sure, but we miss them so much." 

"Yeah, you would've." I say as we walk through the hallway and into the living area where Em is prepping the meat for later today. 

"Morning!" I say and she smiles at me. 

"Morning, I would come give you a hug but I have meat all over my hands." 

"It's alright." I say walking over to her and placing a kiss on her cheek and she smiles. "I'll just hug and kiss you." 

"I should've married your sister." Em jokes and Marcus frowns. 

"Why?" 

"She's more affectionate than you." She says and I laugh whilst Marcus shakes his head. 

"Okay so what was last night then?" He says, a smirk appearing on his face and Em nods. 

"I guess you could count that as affection." She says and I laugh. 

"I aspire to be you two when I'm older." I say which makes them laugh. 

"Alright, come and help me set up." 

"Fine." I say as I follow Marcus outside where there are a couple tables set up. 

"How many people are you having?" 

"Oh just a couple of the boys." 

"You sure? It looks like you're about to host like 50 people." I say and he laughs then shrugs. 

"I just like there to be more space for people to sit and eat, who likes to be claustrophobic while they're eating?" 

"I guess you're right." I say and he smiles. 

"So who's coming?" 

"The usuals. Baz, Laith, Dunks, Ads, Timmy, Dom, Cody, and maybe a few others but they're not sure yet." 

"I'm disappointed Libba isn't making an appearance." 

"No he will be." He says and I smile. 

"Good." I say and he smiles. "So what exactly did you want me to do?" 

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you." He says as he lifts the lid on the Barbecue and starts to clean it, which I find hilarious since he's gonna cook on it in a couple of hours.