Chapter 65

I ended up sending James home last night to have a shower and freshen up, and to also have a good nights sleep.

I told him I'd be fine here by myself, besides, I've made friends with one of the nurses who is monitoring me. Her name is Kayla and turns out that she is a mad bulldogs supporter, so she helps pass time by coming in and chatting to me about footy. Which is nice, as most of the other nurses are just concerned about my recovery, it's nice to know that one of them actually is taking an interest in my life.

He did stay over the first night I was in hospital, mainly because I wanted him there, but then last night I was fine to stay on my own.

Even though I did send James home, I woke up to him asleep on the chair which made me laugh, but groan at the same time.

He is so stubborn. Like so stubborn it's not even funny.

He's been asleep still for the past hour that I've been up, must've meant he went home, had a shower and then came back.

I sigh to myself as he slowly wakes up and I frown at him.

"Morning." He says then he frowns. "Thought you'd be happy to see me."

"I told you to go home and sleep in our nice and cosy bed." I say acting grumpy and he chuckles.

"Drop the grumpy act, I'm not buying it." He says with a yawn and I sigh.

"I love the fact you want to be with me 24/7, but come on James, you need to look after yourself too, just like how I'm being looked after." I say just as Kayla comes in with the Meds.

"Oh my god I am so sorry to intrude. Hang on a minute." She says looking back and forth from me to James.

"You two are together aren't you?"

"No point hiding it now." James says and I chuckle.

"Yeah, we are." I say and she smiles.

"I had a feeling." She says as she hands me over the painkillers with a cup of water and I gulp it down.

"Were we that obvious?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Nah, I just had a feeling."

"Fair enough." I say and she smiles.

"Well, yell out if you need anything, but your breakfast should be here in approximately 20 seconds." She says and I smile.

"Thank you." I say as she exits the room.

She was right, 20 seconds later another nurse comes in with a plate of food, she places it in front of me and I dig in.

"Hospital food." I say rolling my eyes and James chuckles.

"It can't be that bad."

"Oh dinner was disgusting last night, I made Mum go down and get me Macca's."

"Fair enough." He says and I smile as I scoff down my plate.

"At least breakfast was decent."

"Not like mine though hmm?"

"Definitely not like yours." I say and he smiles.

"Well, hopefully you get discharged today."

"It's only been 2 days, I doubt they'd let me go." I say just as a nurse walks in.

"Hey Tahlia. We're just gonna have a look at how your stitches are healing. I've heard that the Bontempelli skin heals things fast." She says and I laugh.

"You're probably right, my brother plays through his injuries so don't be too shocked if it's all healed." I joke and they smile.

"You okay for him to be in here?" She asks and I nod.