Chapter 49

It's game day!

If I'm being honest, I am pretty excited for this one.

Port vs Hawks.

Everyone is expecting Port to win, but I don't know, I reckon the Hawks have a fair shot at this one.

Just from what James has told me obviously.

I'm not allowed to sit in on any meetings as I work at another afl club, and I could potentially leak their game plan, which I wouldn't do, but they wouldn't wanna risk it anyway.

I roll over snuggling into James who lets out a chuckle.

"Decided to wake up?" He asks and I nod.

"Just so that I can see your cute face." I say and he smiles.

"You missy need to stop with the compliments."

"Why? I'm just saying it how it is."

"True, but it's gonna cause me to be cocky." He says with a smirk and I look up at him as I change to lie on my stomach, propping myself up on my elbows.

"As much as I want to role my eyes every time, I love it." I say and he smirks again.

"I knew you did. That's why I keep doing it." He says and I smile.

"Pumped for the game tonight?"

"Yeah, I actually am." He says and I smile.

"Well good, let's hope you boys get the win."

"I hope so too." He says and I smile.

"You hungry?" I ask deciding to get up and James chuckles.

"What are you gonna make?"

"Whatever's on the buffet menu downstairs." I say and he chuckles.

"Nice one, but you know I don't eat much on game days."

"Oh I know, and don't worry, the clubs put in a special order making sure what's provided is light, and has lots of protein in it."

"Well, we should get down there." He says getting up and I smile as he walks into the bathroom.

I chuck on the pair of leggings I was wearing yesterday, with a jumper before heading out to the living room as I wait for James to get ready.

Once he's done we head downstairs where everyone is gathering for breakfast.

"This is reminding me of hub life." James says as we grab some plates and cutlery before walking around the buffet, choosing what to eat.

"I'm sure it would be." I say as I place some bacon on my plate, with a couple fried eggs and pieces of toast.

James goes for the smashed avo on toast which is a must on game day.

Avocado has lot's of nutrients in them and are very healthy, a reason why many afl players and professional athletes eat a lot of smashed avo.

Once we've collected our food, we sit down next to Finn and Dylan. Will didn't come up for the trip as he is injured.

"Hey you two." I say when we take a seat and they both smile at me. "Did youse sleep alright?"

"Yeah alright, would've much rathered my own bed though." Dylan says and I nod.

"Definitely agree."

"You should be used to changing beds every night." Finn says and I laugh.

"I guess I should. But James' bed is the best. Can I steal your mattress?"